Highschool Part 2 Chapter 31

Start from the beginning

"How... were you homeschooled?" Lis asks, head tilted in a manor that reminds her so much of Cas, the parallels between the two were getting on her nerves.

With a shake of her head Belle thunked her head against the lockers with a clash, "its complicated, let's just say that it's a messy situation with shit I can't get into."

Lis blinked at her clipped tone, not taking it to heart as they nod, "sorry if I overstepped."

The huntress flinched, "no, it's me, my uh, emotions are kinda stupid. Like I'm emotionally constipated I swear." She smiles awkwardly, hands up in a, what-are-you-gonna-do-about-it, motion.

They snort at her, bumping their shoulders casually with Belle's, "I get it." Humming, a chiming bell interrupts them, and suddenly the halls are alive with movement, Lis clambers to their feet, soothing their skirt expertly as Belle climbs up gracefully beside them. "Well I'm going to my art class, have fun getting grease all over you or whatever." They wink kindly at Belle as they head off to the art wing. The huntress smiles after their form and spins on her heel, glancing down at her map, she'd smartly stuffed everything in her locker before lunch. Taking a breath, she opens the door to the engineering wing, walking swiftly to the end of the hall, she felt a hand grasp her shoulder. With a huff, she wrapped her hand around the wrist of her attacker, throwing it up and spinning so she could grasp their inner elbow, twisting it around their back and slamming them into the lockers next to her.

"Yo! What the fuck man, are you crazy!" The person yelp beneath her. The hustle of the hall freezes as Belle releases the male, she ticks her jaw, adjusting her chin so it held her head high.

With a snort Belle crosses her arms. "Didn't anyone teach you not to grab people?" She hisses, the boy telling his eyes.

It was fucking Jaxson, of course it was fucking Jaxson. "Well I just wanted to see if you were lost, excuse me for trying to be helpful."

"Why," the huntress began, voice cool, "would you think I'm lost?"

The jock smiles, "This is the engineering wing." He says, leaning haphazardly against the lockers. "And that's the garage for Auto Shop."

Belle scoffs, "yes, I'm quite aware where I am, that's why I'm here." At his confused face she grunts, "I'm in shop, it's my next class." Turning she walks toward the door, only to be stopped again.

"Wait, you're aware we work on like cars... right?" Jaxson says, "you know, rust, grease, dirt..."

"What is this? 1950?" The huntress snaps, "how do you think I got my bike?"

Jaxson purses his lips, "you rebuilt it?" He says in a dismissive tone.

"Yup," She says, entering the doors, "all by myself, wow, so crazy."

He skids after her, "I didn't mean anything by it, not like girls can't, but you don't seem like the type."

Belle makes her way to the back desk, where an elder man sat, "the type?" She echos, as Jaxson follows her on her heels.

"Yeah, you're like... hot." The huntress pauses, staring at him, before walking over to the desk, not justifying him with an answer. Stopping infront of him, a male in his mid forties, graying sideburns with a tan, wrinkled completely. He looks up at her, watching carefully.

He places down the papers quirking an eyebrow, "Belle Morgan I presume? You're the new student?" When she nods he smiles, "My name is Mr. Herrera, but don't call me that, that was my anciano, just call me Jimmi." Belle waves awkwardly as he continues, " we're working on projects now, we get beat up classic muscle cars donated to us and at the end of the year we sell them and all the money goes back to the school and program." He explains. "Now, I usually wouldn't let people enter in sp late but..." he smiles at her, "your father spoke highly of your abilities." Belle blushed, fricken Derek. "We have one more car and it has all the parts... you have to work fast to catch up and have it done but I won't dox your grade if you don't finish."