Chapter 44

Tim's POV:

My leg won't stop shaking. I'm trying to sit still, but I get up sometimes because my mind is running. My leg constantly shakes when I sit down. Then, I get up again.

The one thing Gibbs gave me this morning was my old phone back. I forgot what holding a phone was like. I didn't dare to hold Tony's phone when he was talking to Melissa that one night. I thought she would hear me breathe or something and know it was me on the phone.

He gave it to me just in case he can't be here to get me when I'm in the clear. He can call me and tell me if something happens. Which nothing will happen because they got this. They've been practicing for this whole time. Nothing can go wrong.

Tony's POV:

That last kiss Melissa gave me was more than I've ever wanted from her. I didn't want to kiss her like that in her office because I didn't want to be upset about everything that is about to go down. I was wrong about it though. She kissed me and instead of being upset, I feel alive more than ever.

"Sorry." Gibbs says under his breath. We're about to separate into our positions. Sean and Adam just have to walk out of the house where they once lived and take a walk. Hopefully, it isn't a short walk. We've trained for this and we're ready.

"For what?" I whisper to him. Ziva is on her way to her position. She's on the other side of the road. She has a better shot at all of this than us. We might be shot at, but she will be the shooter.

"That kiss." Wow. This was not the conversation that I thought I would be having with Gibbs right now. "It meant more to you, and it's going to be over soon."

I hate when he knows things. He knows everything so my hatred last for a long time.

I could say something snarky back, but he interrupts me with something more important. "It's almost time."

To not make anything too suspicious we told the boys to walk out of the house in the minute of 17. Not right at the start of the hour, and not 15, or 30, but 17.

Juice can't spot us, well they can see me, but they won't see Gibbs in a second.

His plan is to get in the car, right now, start it, but he isn't going to move until the time is right. Juice has to get close enough to them, and we're hoping they do when Adam and Sean get close enough to the car to jump in and Ziva and I have them. There aren't many left. We are still outnumbered, but we can do this.

I look at the opposite side of the street and the door opens.

It's time.

Gibbs walks to the other side of the road to get into his car.

I know that they know we're here. It's too quiet in the town again. Even with all the construction going on in Melissa's old town, it's still quiet. I remember the first time we patrolled this area; it was quiet. I just didn't know it was because of them until now.

I adjust my shades and start walking in the same direction as the boys, just on the opposite side and a little behind them so I can get a better view. When I do look to the other side, I can't see Ziva. Where did she go?

Oh, never mind. Her spot is more in the dark than mine. I forgot for a second.

The boys are stalling they stop on the sidewalk to look at something. I haven't seen a single Juice jacket yet. They came down this way before, but maybe we chose a wrong time.

Damn it. I wonder what Gibbs is thinking in his car. He probably knows what's going on though. He knows everyone's step before they do.

Besides when it comes to his own daughter. That's something I never understood. I don't think he does either. She claims to follow her gut like him, but I think it's different because she follows her heart. That's something he's never done so how could he understand it.

Sean and Adam start walking again and so do I. This is hard. What if this was the one time, they were one step ahead of us?

That's until I notice the other cars parked on this road. I can tell by their license plates that they're unmarked cop cars. What?

I can't focus on this now, because here they come. Sean and Adam are looking down again. I can't actually tell if they're aware that they're heading towards them or not. Those boys better pick their heads up. I can only pretend to be lost so many times.

"Here they are." I hear Gibbs say into our earpieces.

Sean and Adam haven't made it past Gibbs car, yet which is good. They're managing their time right, but they have to get closer in order for nothing to happen to them.

Juice is moving faster and eyeing them down. Come on, boys I need you to move faster. I see that Adam is picking up the pace in a smooth matter. He's still acting like they can't see them which is perfect.

Then, when they're right next to his car I hear Gibbs over the earpieces.

"Now."

I draw my gun the second Adam and Sean throw themselves in the back of Gibbs car. The second I draw it; the other cop cars open up and they pop out.

What the hell is going on?

I can't ask too many questions because Juice starts to take out their guns and start shooting. I get behind the car closest to me and just shoot. I don't know what's going on because everything is happening so fast.

I see Gibbs put his car in reverse to protect the boys. It's bullet proof glass so they should be okay.

I see two people of Juice fall to the ground. I hear a cop groan from the left side of me, but I don't tear my eyes away from them.

"On your knees!"

"Put the guns down!"

"Hands behind your heads!"

Finally, I didn't think it would happen, but they get on the ground and the rest of Juice is finally caught.

Cops rush over to cuff them while they still can. I look over to the car with Gibbs in it and he's rushing out.

"Ziva!"

"What?" I look to the other side of the road and Ziva is on the floor.

I feel like I'm living a nightmare all over again.

"Ziva!"