Chapter 46

(Have we all been signing petitions and spreading the word that ALL LIVES WON'T MATTER UNTIL BLACK LIVES MATTER? I'll be posting some places to sign petitions.)

Melissa's POV:

Melissa's POV:

"Abby!" I scream throughout the hallway. I have to be seeing things. This isn't happening. My Tim is dead. This isn't him. It has to be the hospital. He must be haunting the hospital.

This Tim look alike is getting closer to me. He tries to touch my arm, but I don't let him. "Abby!" I scream again. He looks at me with fear. He should be scared. I haven't screamed like this in a long time.

I can hear her shoes run out of the room. I turn to her and hug her and try to look away from this man, but I can't.

"Abby, tell me I'm seeing things. Tell me he isn't there." I say quickly with my voice cracking.

"I'm sorry to tell you Melissa, but if you're seeing things so am I." Her body feels frozen when I hug her to hide from this allusion.

I can hear more footsteps come from behind us and I know it has to be Gibbs and Tony since Ziva isn't leaving that bed right now.

"Damn it McGee." I hear Gibbs say.

I tear away from Abby to look at him. "Damn it? That's all you have to say. You see him too and that's all you have to say?"

I turn to Tony who's staring at the floor. He doesn't look surprised at this. I turn back to Gibbs who acts like he has nothing else to say.

"You knew. You knew he was alive? No." I storm into Ziva's room because I was surrounded and wasn't going to be able to head outside.

I'm trying to catch my breath and my tears from being overwhelmed.

"Melissa?" Ziva seems more awake than she did just a few minutes ago.

"Melissa." Everyone is in the room again and Abby runs to stand by my side.

I see my late husband standing in front of me and he looks over to Ziva. "Ziva. "I'm glad to see you're okay."

"Wait what the fuck?"

"Yeah, he's alive." I fill the blanks in for her.

This isn't happening. It can't be happening. I have to tell myself that this is fake. I walk closer to my late husband and everyone is staring at us.

To make sure this is as real as I think it is and would think I would want it to be, I do the one thing that comes to mind with the anger and frustration inside of me and I do something I never thought I would do. I put my hand out slowly to feel his face. The second that I can feel that this is real, the anger builds up inside of me and I slap him.

I hear everyone gasp, except one. I'm surprised, but I saw it coming somehow. I didn't think I had that in me, but I did.

She usually has dramatic reactions when something like this happens, but this time Abby was silent.