Chapter 55

Tony's POV:

I stare at the beautiful woman standing in front of me. She's pissed, but she always looks sexy when she's mad. I'm not sure if she even knows it.

She's basically wearing the same thing Melissa did except the colors are different. She's wearing a black t-shirt and green shorts. She's dressed like herself and I love that about her. Her hair is naturally wavy. I wish she wore it like that more often. It shows her true beauty.

"Okay, if we're just going to stand here and stare at each other all day I'm leaving."

There she is. "No, don't go." I beg.

I go to her and she doesn't fight me away. She lets me stand right in front of her, that way she has to look at me.

"Ziva," I have her attention. I'm not used to that. Normally, Melissa interrupts me before I have something important to say. I don't know why she does that. Perfect timing, I guess.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Tim. When Gibbs brought it to me, I didn't know what to do. I was pissed too."

"You had a funny way of showing it."

"I know." I'm not backing down from this one. I can't do that anymore. "I realized that if keeping him a secret meant keeping him alive then so be it. I know what I did to Melissa was horrible, but she forgave me."

"She did?"

"Yes, she did." She still looks shocked. "It's because we both knew that there wasn't a future with us. Her heart was forever with him and mine-"

"Look," She interrupts me. It feels like old times. "I don't care about that. If Melissa forgave you fine, I can't stop her. It's the fact of everything that you and I have been through together."

Good she's a pistol. "I know."

"You and I are out in the field every day watching each other's back."

"I know." This woman is so beautiful. I'll hate myself for not doing this sooner.

"We tell each other everything knowing that Gibbs might find out, but it's fine because we're there for each other."

"I know." I can't get out her eyes, she's sucked me in, and I don't want to get out of them.

"It's always been you and I! Like that movie."

That's it I can't contain myself any longer. This is us. This is where we're supposed to be.

"It's the King and I, and I plan to keep it that way."

I get down on one knee and show her the class ring.

When she looks down at me, I can see her loss of breath. She looks confused and pushed the hair out of her face. "Tony, what are you doing?"

"I had no future with Melissa, because my future is with you."

She looks at me and shakes her head, but she's smiling. "Tony, I think you've lost it."

"Why?"

She scuffs. "We can't just jump into something like this. You aren't thinking."

"Ziva David." I take her hand, and she stands there frozen. "I've known you for so long, and I mean I've known the real you. The day I met you, I could never get you out of my mind. You know what I'm thinking even when I don't want you to. You know my next move and you know my order from the Chinese restaurant across the street from work."

"Tony." She says sweetly but doesn't say anything else.

"And I know you. I know you so well that I'm not going to say anything because I know you hate talking about yourself."

She looks at me with wide eyes and I can see that she's finally hearing what I'm saying with the way the corners of her lips are moving up.

"I love you." I tell her and it feels more than right. I've been holding on to the sentence for years that I forgot where I put it all these years.

She looks up trying to hold back tears I knew she was hiding all along. She looks back at me and tries to smile. "I love you too."

Thank goodness. I take a breath of relief and look into her eyes. "Ziva David, will you marry me?"

She gets on her knees and grabs my face to kiss my lips. Her soft lips touch mine and I can feel fireworks going off inside my body. Touching her hips is like electricity to me.

When we part, she looks at me with a smile I've never on her before.

"So, is that a yes?"

She laughs. I love when I make her laugh. "Yes, yes, yes!"

I take her hand and slip the ring on. When I look at it, it looks perfect because of her, but I don't have engagement rings lying around.

"I promise to get you another ring. I know this wasn't-"

"Shut up." She kisses me once again, and I'm feeling this sense of happiness that I never felt before.

With her wearing my ring, and saying yes to my proposal, I'm feeling something I don't think I've ever experienced before.

Everything feels right.

(I know I usually put these things in the beginning of a chapter. Even though I think you knew where this was going I didn't want to give an ending we all have always wanted away.)

)