Chapter 28

Tony's POV:

Tony's POV:

Gibbs practically ignored me when we were working today. When we were in Abby's lab, he was giving me the cold shoulder that Abby could see that something was going on, but no one was bringing it up. I decided to follow their lead because we weren't in there to gossip. We were there because we're getting closer to finding Juice and locking them up forever.

I wanted to talk to Gibbs about me confronting the guy that we arrested, but today clearly isn't that day.

Since we got new information, I thought Gibbs would want to be the one to tell Tim since he clearly isn't a fan of mine right now.

I sigh as I get to the front door. I don't even get to knock before he opens it for me. He walks away without a hello and heads for the basement.

"I'm well. Thank you for asking."

We get down the stairs and I see Tim waiting there with a smile on his face. He knows that since I'm here we have news about Juice.

Gibbs takes the lead the entire time. He doesn't want to hear my voice let alone look at me, so I don't know why I'm here.

"Tony, this could be it." Tim says to me with a wide smile. "Isn't that great?"

I smile back at him. "Yes, it's great."

"Well, you seem somewhere else. Is there something else I need to know?"

Probie, you just had to say that didn't you.

"Yes, actually." Gibbs begins, but he wouldn't. Would he? "But I'll let Tony tell you that one."

He would.

He makes his way for the stairs and all I do is glare at him. "Thanks for that boss!" He shuts the door behind him which is a bad sign. He never closes the door, so he must think something will go down. Well, he's right.

"What's going on?" Tim's smile is gone, and he just looks skeptical. As he should because he has no idea what's coming.

"Probie, why don't you sit down."

"No." He's giving me strange looks now. "I just got good news and now you're telling me to sit down. What the hell is going on? Is Melissa okay?"

Damn, I wish he weren't the one to bring her up. "She's fine Probie."

"Then what is it?"

Wow. I didn't think I would have to have this conversation for a long time. I thought that this would be easier because of her hurting and everything but seeing his fear in what I could possibly say to him makes it worse because he's not going to like what I have to say to him.

"Listen, I really don't know how to start this."

"Just spit it out. It works."

"It's not that easy."