Chapter 27

Melissa's POV:

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Melissa's POV:

I didn't ask when Tony would be telling Ziva that we're seeing each other. I just figured that he would tell me when he does.

Waking up next to someone the other morning was a feeling I forgot all about. It was like I was safe again and didn't have to be the one to look out for myself for once. I was able to make someone else coffee and not have a pot all to myself. It was amazing being able to hug someone in the morning.

When I went back home to sleep on a couch, it didn't feel as lonely as it once did. I didn't have anyone next to me, but for some reason I felt like there was.

That can be terrifying and comforting at the same time.

"I'm not even going to say that it's nice to have you back when you could just disappear any minute." Jack says while sitting next to me on the couch.

"I won't even say that I promise things are back to normal because I have no idea." I really don't. this entire year hasn't made any sense.

"Good call. We'll just mind our business until something happens."

Right after Jack says that, Gibbs comes rushing into the room looking directly at me.

"Jack can you give us a minute?"

Jack looks over to me confused. I shrug my shoulders and shake my head because I don't know what this is about.

I really hope they aren't taking me away from Jack again. I just want to be able to do my job with someone by my side. I can't do that if I'm not even in my office.

Jack gets up and goes to his office to shut the door. That reminds Gibbs to shut my office door.

I have no idea what this is about, but it seems so damn serious. I put my work aside and he's sitting in the chair I usually sit in when I'm talking to patients.

He stares at me and I just know to wait for him to speak. He's either examining me or doesn't know where to start.

"What were you thinking?"

That could mean anything. "I don't know what you're talking about."

He looks down at the ground and sighs. "You did this once before. You really want to go down this road again?"

Just by that, he must be talking about Tony. Tony told him and didn't give me a heads up. I thought I would be the one to tell Gibbs if he was telling Ziva. Maybe Tony was right, this would have been easier if we kept this to ourselves for a while. I had to go and be selfish and practically force us to be known as "seeing each other."

Before jumping to conclusion out loud I decide to ask. "How did you find out?"

"Ziva saw you two the other night at the restaurant."

Ziva? She's the one who told on us? I didn't think she would do that. I just thought she would talk to us about it first, but she didn't even make herself known the other night. I didn't see Ziva there at all.