Chapter 6

Melissa's POV:

Melissa's POV:

I thought work was going to unbearable. I didn't give myself enough credit going into it. I thought I was going to cry the second I walked into the building, but Gibbs was there, and I couldn't. Then, I saw Ziva and I almost lost it for a second. When Gibbs suggested she walk me to my office, I had enough. I didn't want anyone treating me differently. They already are giving me pity laughter; I don't need the rest of it.

I did not expect to react the way I did when I saw Jack. I thought that I would be the same towards everyone, but when I saw him it was like I felt relaxed for once. I couldn't explain it to myself then and I can't explain it to myself now. I just have to say it was nice working beside him again. I missed him.

It felt good seeing Tony after work. For a second, I thought he was avoiding me. I wouldn't blame him. He probably thinks of him when he looks at me, just like I think of Tim when I look at him sometimes. That's when I actually see him. I have this feeling that he was still acting off, but I can't blame him. It was my first day back, I probably seemed crazy to everyone.

Now that I'm back to the house, I drop my things, change into pajamas, and actually open a bottle of wine. I didn't think I wanted one, but it was like my body just directed me into the kitchen and to the glasses.

As I pour myself the wine. I actually start to feel, normal. As normal as I can be with being a hermit the past three months.

I raise my glass and stare at it. "This is ones to you Tim." I say it and there are tears in my eyes, but I let them fall as I drink the wine. I look out the window and see the sun is still out for now. It's about to go down, but it looks beautiful.

I sip my wine as I stare out the window, and I feel my eyes start to close.

"Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no!" I can't fall asleep. I forgot I only got five minutes of sleep last night. I can't fall asleep. I just know I'll have that dream.

Ugh, and I just poured myself wine. That isn't going to help me.

"TV." I tell myself. Sometimes when I drink, I manage to focus on something. Maybe I can make that the show. I can't have it be a movie I'll lose it.

I run to the living room and start flipping through channels. "Come on. Just put on a sitcom, any sitcom."

I flip and I land on the show Frasier. I remember watching this show growing up. It was funny how the main characters humor comes from being sarcastic. Especially with the voice he has. Yes, that's it I just have to focus on the voice, and I'll laugh and be awake.

I get comfortable at first, and then go back to sitting up. I can't get comfortable I'll fall asleep.

I shake my head to snap out of it and maybe, just maybe my plan will work.

I watch 8 episodes, and I think I actually laugh. Or I just forced myself to, so it seemed normal.

There's a point where I think I can handle it and rest my head on the arm of the couch. I got up and sip more wine while I continue to watch. My eyes close, but I can still hear the show. I think I can open my eyes at any time, but it doesn't work. I fall asleep, and all my hard work was for nothing.

"Hello?" I yell throughout the gray building. It's quiet. It's too quiet. "Whisk?" I hear a bang from upstairs, but I don't see anyone. "Are you here?"

I spin around to where the others are supposed to be. "Is anyone here?"

"Melissa?" I turn around and there he is. My husband.

I smile and realize it's not too late. He has that handsome smile on his face, and I run to him in my bulletproof vest.

I wrap my arms around him and kiss his soft lips. I feel his hands on my hips. I've missed this feeling. I knew it wasn't for real. It couldn't be. He's back in my arms and we're together again.

I stop kissing him to stare at him. I haven't seen his face for so long.

When I do, I hear a gun shot, and his smile starts to fade.

"What?" When I take my hands back. I look down and I see blood all over my hands. It's hard to breathe and my body is shaking.

"T-Tim?" I look back at him, and there's a blood stain all over his shirt. He falls to the ground and I can't get to him. I hear more bullets, and I can't move. I start screaming and that's when-

I wake up. I'm screaming and I'm sweating. "No! Not again!" I start crying.

I search the area around me and look for my phone. My vision is blurry from the tears, and I feel it and I think I know where Abby is on my phone list.

I click her name and call right away. I try to catch my breath and stop crying but it isn't working.

It rings and it rings, but no answer.

"Please, Abby you said you would be awake. Please, be awake."

I'm startled when I hear a voice that isn't hers. "Hello?" I check the phone, but I still can't see because of the tears. "Hello? Who is this?"

"Melissa, it's Tony." Oh gosh. I called the wrong person and I most definitely woke him up.

"Tony? Oh dear, what time is it? I-I can't see."

His voice is groggy. "It's 3:48am. What do you mean you can't see?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to c-call you. I thought this was Abby."

I try to catch my breath, but that image is back in my head. The tears keep falling and I lay back on the couch.

"Are you crying?" I want to say no, but he speaks before I can. "You are." I hear him sigh. "I'm coming over."

"No, Tony it's okay, really."

"Then, why do you sound like you can't breathe?" It's because I can't. I don't say anything, and he takes my silence as an agreement. "I'm coming over." He hangs up the phone and I get up to turn the front light, the hall light, kitchen light, and living room light on.

The last thing I want to do is fall asleep again and see that horrible image again.