Chapter 34

Melissa's POV:

Melissa's POV:

I haven't heard from Tony yet tonight. I don't think we'll be getting dinner. They must have gotten something on a case. It could be the case involving Juice, but I don't want to think about that.

If I think about it, I'll get my hopes up and think that they've caught them all finally and they can never do this to anyone ever again. Then, they'll come back not sharing anything information with me because it's either a case I know nothing about, or they ended up not getting them and they don't want to give me bad news.

Instead, I decided to go upstairs by myself just to walk around and think. I walk around the bedroom and go in spots that I've never stepped in before. I go in an area of the closet that I never really stepped in because it was his side of the closet. I haven't given any of his clothes away or to anyone because I'm not sure the right way to go about it.

I know I told Abby that the material items do not define who he was, they defined him. There's just something holding me back from doing it yet.

As I stand in the closet, I don't think about what that stupid article said about mourning and healing a loved one. I'm going to heal on my own time like everyone has told me before. I can feel that I have some kind of control over my life. It took a little help from my friends to do so.

I smile just remembering the good times each suit has been through with me and him. I know that the suit isn't what made the memories, but he and I did. I'm well enough to know that and smile. "Thank you." I say softly.

I make my way to the study we made for him. I stand at the doorway and just stare at what we did to the room. Well, what he did to the room. He did it himself and I thought it was an amazing idea. There are still empty rooms in the house that we didn't even get to decorate. I know we were going to turn one room into a guestroom at the time, but we never got around to picking anything out.

I look at the bookshelf that he has and can't believe he has so many books. He got rid of so many things while we had a break. He wanted the place to look better for me and I didn't see a problem to begin with. I thought his place was nice before he did all that. It just looked tidier.

I decided to suck up my emotions and go to his desk. I breathe in deep and I take a seat in his chair. The last time I sat here, I was reading James' will. Another person in my life that I lost. He and Tim were so different though. There's no comparing the two. As much as I broke down during both of their deaths, on one hand I lost the man who did his best trying to raise me. On the other hand, I lost the love of my life who was the best to me in every way.

Tim stood here with me and listened while I called James' old nurse and she told me about his cancer and what she knew about it.

He was by my side through it all. He helped me empty my childhood home. We went to the bank together and he held my hand the entire way.