Chapter 32

Melissa's POV:

Melissa's POV:

"He's the greatest guy I have ever met. I don't think there's anyone else like him in the world. I know it's corny, but I feel like he's so unique, and I'm so lucky for him to be mine. I didn't say anything before because I didn't even know if there would be anything to share. I thought I was getting miss signals and it was all in my head. It turns out it wasn't and we're moving our relationship along to the next level. We're going out more and no one seems to care. Obviously, some people do, but those are the people who are closed minded and don't know how to move on in the world. It's 2011 for goodness sake. With him I feel like I can face anything as long as he's there. It's like falling in love all over again."

"You've been in love before?"

"Have you seen Bradley Cooper?"

I can't tell you how many times I've hit Jack with a pillow in out friendship, but this definitely isn't the first or the last time.

After defending himself and getting a pillow in my face, we sit back on the couch and hope that no one comes in. "I just didn't want to say anything before because I didn't want you to feel bad."

I can't wait for the day that people start treating me like I'm a person again. I hate that people are tiptoeing around me when they don't have to. I'm okay. I'm better than I have ever been. I wish more people could see that. I'm trying my hardest to show them that I am, but they might think it's an act.

"I would never. I think it's great you finally found someone to be yourself with. Bobby sounds like he's great." I have to do the best friend thing that everyone should do. "Are you being safe?"

His eyes widen. "Are we talking about sex right now?"

"No!" He laughs at how red my face is getting. "I mean you're sure you can trust him. You feel safe when you're with him?"

"More than I do with the people in here with guns."

"Then, I'm happy for you." I look down at my hands while still smiling.

He moves his head to see what my eyes are really saying. "What's going on?"

I look up and sigh. I don't know why this is hard to tell him when I know he'll be supportive. It just feels hard every time I tell someone because the reaction is clearly not always great.

"I started seeing someone too. We're not calling it dating, but we are seeing each other."

He smiles and shakes my arm. "Melissa that's great!" He moves his arms to wrap around me in a hug. "I think that's amazing. Is it anyone I know?"

This is the part where people tend to not be so happy. "It's Tony."

His mouth drops and he tilts his head. "DiNozzo."

I shake my head. I stare at him while he thinks. I just wish I knew what he was thinking. Things start to look up when he looks at me again and smiles at me. "I didn't think he was your type."