Chapter 17

Melissa's POV:

Melissa's POV:

I've barely slept a wink since Tony left that night. I'm so proud of myself that I was able to go upstairs that night and not shed a tear. It was weird to me, but it felt great. It was almost as if that I've put it off for so long that I missed being there because it reminded me of him. I was scared to remember him like that because I thought I would have a breakdown, but instead I couldn't have been happier to be there. I remembered our times in that room and all I could do was smile that night.

When Tony left, I finished off that bottled I started and only slept for 15 minutes. I was wide awake the next day, so I thought I could do it here too.

I'm glad Tony was there just in case I did have a break down. I've been thinking about him a lot lately and smiling while I do. I feel bad that I've been lying to him these past few days, but I want him to get back to his life too. I don't want him to constantly worry about me. I know what that can do to someone. If he finds out, I'll hope he will forgive me later. I think he's the type to understand though.

I prepared myself for work today, unlike the last time. This time to hide my tiredness with effort, I did my makeup and got a little dressed up. I have a long-sleeved pink shirt on and a black skirt with my Converse. It's a change from my leggings, and hopefully people will see me and back off a little bit today.

I knew I had to come in today because I had three appointments lined up and couldn't miss it. I wanted to come in today any way. I miss it here.

Jack has been holding the fort down nicely and was happy to see me this morning. No one has come here looking or me or wanting to change or make an appointment, so there really hasn't been much for him to do. He still makes it look like we're busy though, and that I'm thankful for.

Jack and I are at our computers, happy to finally be working together again, when there's s knock on the door.

"Is there anyone in here that can give me some direction?"

"Mr. Palmer, you couldn't get direction if Columbus hit you in the head with a compass."

Jimmy and Ducky walk in and they bring nothing but a sweet smile to my face. "Jimmy." I wrap my arms around him first.

"How are you going Peters?" He catches himself. "Oh, wow. I'm sorry."

"It's okay Jimmy." People have only been calling me that ever since I got here. It's hard to get out of old habits. I just wish the other one became a habit before it all happened.

"Thank you for asking. I'm doing well." I tell him with a smile. "Definitely better than I was." It's true. I've had a little help.

I look at Ducky and I frown on purpose, but it turns into a smile as I hug him. "Oh, Ducky. How are you?"

"I believe I'm the one who should be asking you that." He pats my back as he hugs me. "I'm doing alright though. I'm glad to see you back at work. It suits you."