Chapter 49

Melissa's POV:

Melissa's POV:

I'm awake to early this morning. Even in my sleep I was thinking about how my life was turned upside down yet again.

It's so early that there are still interesting shows on TV but will be ruined when the morning talk shows come on. I've never cared for them and wish I did, so I can push this in the back of my mind longer, but I can't.

I get lost in my own thoughts about what I'm supposed to do in this situation.

I know now that there are no tears to cry because Tim is alive. He was never gone. I can be hurt with the way Tony would lie to me every day and kiss me, knowing that Tim is alive. I will be hurt, but there will be no tears here. Not for him and not anymore.

Time passes while I convince myself that I've cried enough for one lifetime. The morning talk shows have started which means it's time to make coffee.

As I get the machine ready, I know someone is up at this hour too. I decided to call them since I'm thinking about them.

"Hello."

"I really hate that I'm not mad at you to be honest."

I hear him laughing on the other end. "How did I know you were going to say that?"

"Because you know everything. Also, it helps that I'm your kid."

I know Gibbs is smiling on the other end of the phone. "Yeah, I guess it helps."

"You were right, you know." I say as I watch the coffee drip. "I don't know if I would have been able to stay away if I would have known about him being there."

"Is that why you're not mad at me?"

"Maybe." The coffee is still dripping. In my mind, Tim could still be there, or he could be at Tony's. I try to hear murmuring in the background, and I do. Except, it isn't one of the guys voices.

Oh. "Gibbs, am I interrupting something?" I almost rush off the phone in embarrassment until he says the names of my friends.

"Abby and Ziva are here. You weren't the only one who wanted to talk to me this early in the morning."

"We knew you were awake." I tell him.

"Hey Melissa." The girls say on the phone in unison.

"Hey." I say with a smile.

I can hear the phone being moved around. "Hey. We just wanted to tell you that we're here to see Tim. He's alive again. We thought it would be a good idea."

I think it's a great idea. Abby gets to do what she wants. She dealt with me living in her house for three months. Ziva thought it was her fault that Tim was shot. She deserves this.

"We're still a family Abby. Do what you have to."

I hear Gibbs chuckle as the phone moves around again. "Did you want someone to come over?"