Chapter 48

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

I can't believe I could be so stupid.

The guys didn't talk to me on the ride to Gibbs house. They didn't talk to each other either. We all know that we fucked up. I just fucked up royally by showing my existence to my wife and our friends that had no idea that I was still alive.

I can't tell whether Gibbs saying nothing to be is a blessing or a punishment. He offered for Tony to come along since my stuff is still at his house. That could be because the girls are pissed off at us right now, or because he wants an alibi for what's about to happen to me.

When we get to Gibbs house, it's a bittersweet feeling being able to get out of the car and not have the urge to hide my face. It's bitter because I'm walking back into this house instead of my own with my wife.

We get into the house and there's still silence. Gibbs heads to the kitchen while Tony sits on the couch.

I don't want to sit right now. I don't know if I'm about to get scowled or the silent treatment. All I know is that I'm uncomfortable in this house that I've lived in for what's now four months.

Gibbs comes back from the kitchen and hands the both of us drinks. I take it while trying to make eye contact with him, but he doesn't look me in the eyes. When I watch Tony take the drink, he doesn't look him in the eyes either.

Gibbs sits down next to Tony as I stay standing. The silence is killing me, and a drink isn't going to fix it.

"How mad are you guys about what I just did?"

Tony looks at me, but Gibbs reaches for the remote for his TV.

Tony speaks, even though he's not the one I want to hear from right now.

"I'm not mad Probie. It was going to come out sooner or later, and you thought Ziva could have died. We all did for a second." He turns to the TV that Gibbs is watching and leaves me by myself again.

I wait for Gibbs to talk and he knows that. He can always tell what we're thinking and what we want so why isn't he saying anything?

"Gibbs, you got off scot free with her. She said you were just doing your job." I say bringing the light to his eyes even though I was just slapped and yelled at by my wife in front of everyone.

"That doesn't mean anything. She can change her mind tomorrow. Remember that Tim."

"What do you mean?" I take a seat, but I don't sip my drink yet. I'm not in the mood for it, but I do want to hear what Gibbs has to say.

He sips his drink and still doesn't make eye contact with me. It's fine a long as he talks to me. "Yes, I'm her dad, but she can wake up tomorrow and wonder how I could keep this from her the way you two did. Which means she could also wake up tomorrow and want you over there because she already lost time with you already and doesn't want to lose more."