Chapter 45

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

Somehow, with all the nerves in my body I was able to close my eyes and fall asleep for the last time in this place.

I wake up to my phone ringing. I rush to answer it because this is the call. I can finally see the love of my life again.

"Really? Is it time?"

"No." Gibbs voice is harsh, and it sounds like there's a lot of commotion in the background. "No, it most definitely isn't the time."

"What? Why'd you call then?" That was such a tease. I'm actually happy that I was asleep for that and didn't run to the door when I could have.

"We got them. They're either shot or arrested."

"That's perfect. Why can't I see her then?"

"Because Ziva was shot."

I freeze and suddenly I can't breathe. "What?"

"She was shot. This isn't the time." He hangs up the phone and leaves me alone yet again in his basement.

No. I'm not doing this.

I'm not sitting here while someone I love could actually die this time. I know I'm one to talk, but I can't wait here while Ziva thinks she's going to join me while I'm still here on the ground.

That's it.

I use my phone and call a cab to Gibbs house. I'm going to whatever hospital she's in and I'm going to see her alive. Alive is the only option.

Melissa's POV:

I've been pacing in my office the entire time since they left. They're going to be okay. I know they're going to be okay.

I sit on my couch alone. Jack left and I am so proud of him. I didn't want him to stay because of me, I just wish he was here to distract me right now.

The second I can clear my mind and not thinking about what they're doing. I get a call. It's Gibbs.

"Hello?" Why is he calling me while he's out there? He has to focus on being okay not a pone call catching up on my afternoon.

"It's Ziva. She got shot we're heading to the hospital now."

He hangs up the phone as I drop mine. "No." I rush to pick it up and all these emotions and memories are rushing through my head.

I get my phone and I run until I get to Abby's lab. "Abby." I say already out of breath as she turns around. She looks at me worried as she should be. "It's Ziva."

That's all I have to say before she puts whatever she was working on down. She runs to her office and gets her bag. "Okay, I'll drive."

The ride to the hospital feels like the second longest ride of my life. I've been to the hospital too many times this year. I didn't plan on coming back. There's traffic now, and Abby doesn't have an unmarked car to put her lights on to get through.

When we finally see the hospital, Abby's eyes widen, and I hold on tight. She maneuvers her way through the lanes to get into the lane to turn left at the light. The light wasn't going to tell her if she was going to go or not; she just did.

She parks in a spot that is definitely not a pot to begin with, but we run out. The desk person knows exactly who we're talking about when we tell her the name of the patient and we start running.

When we reach the hallway with the room, she's in, we see Gibbs outside of the room. We grab each other's hand and walk towards him. He puts his hands up the second we get closer.

"She's okay. She's just banged up a bit. But she's going to be fine."

I can breathe again as those words leave his mouth. Abby hugs me tight when she hears his words. He gestures for us to follow him into the room to see her lying on the bed. Abby follows him and I'm behind her.

I see Ziva lying there with not much energy, but she's there. Beside her is Tony holding her hand.

"It's going to be okay. You heard the doctors it's going to be fine. You're going to be okay like you always are." He tells her.

There's something different when I look at him with her. She's okay, she's just tired and weak right now.

"Hey guys." She barely says. Tony's head darts towards us and he releases her hand. He didn't have to do that, but it's hard being in here. I don't mean with the way he speaks softly to her and the way he's holding her hand.

It's because I can't hear these machines again. I don't want to even smell the hospital. The atmosphere is too familiar, and I hate it in here. I want to be here for Ziva, but I can't right now. I just need to breathe.

"Hey." Abby turns around and see's that it looks like I'm going to throw up. "Are you okay?"

"I-I just need some air. I'll be right back." She shakes her head as I back out of the room.

I shake my head and try to not think of all the people I have lost in this hospital. I practice my slow breathing. This isn't the air I need. I need to be outside again.

I practice my breathing and start making my way down the hallway. I finally pick my head up and for a second, I think I'm seeing things.

I see someone in the middle of the hallway, in an NCIS sweatshirt and sweatpants. My visions a little blurry, but I try to fix that the closer I get to this figure.

I can feel my heart pounding out of my chest the clear his face gets. It looks like Tim.

It can't be Tim. I thought hallucinating about loved ones was something that was supposed to happen early on. I never did so what the fuck is going on here?

The closer I get I can see Tim's feature. I didn't think with a spirit that I could feel their presence. This one is strong the closer I get.

It looks exactly like...

"Hey, baby."