Chapter 37

Melissa's POV:

"Sean?"

I stare at the person I grew up with for as long as our parents would let us. I stare into his brown eyes and they're his eyes. They've always shined bright even though they're brown. They've always been the prettiest brown.

I stare at his hair and skin. Wherever they were hiding him, they made sure that there was sun and he was in it. His hair was a lighter brown than most, but not it has highlights from the sun. His skin is tanner than I remember it being.

I stare back at his face and he just smiles and brings me into his arms. "Oh, it's really you."

Me? I'm not the one who's changed completely. Well, not completely. He still sounds like the same Sean. The longer he hugs me, I can tell that he became stronger I can feel his muscles against my skin.

I slowly raise my arms to hug him back. It's really him.

"I missed you." He whispers into my ear.

"I missed you too." It's been way too long. They probably thought they we would have gotten them out of the witness protection program within the week that they went in, clearly, we didn't do that for them.

"Hey, Melissa!" I hear someone shout from behind Sean. I look up and it's Adam. He's walking with someone with blonde hair and is dressed like it's already summertime.

I look at Sean. I still feel like this is a fever dream.

I let go of Sean and run to Adam to hug him. The girl passes me, I pay no attention to her at that point. "Oh my gosh. This is real?"

"Hell yeah! We're back baby!"

I really take a look at him, and it's weird to not see him in his snapback on his head and oversized sweatshirt that was his brothers.

"Well, it's nice to see someone hasn't changed."

He smiles at me, but his eyes wander to Ziva who is standing behind me. His eyes widen and he smirks. "Ziva!"

He runs to give her a hug. He had such a crush on her when he was staying here under our protection. It was cute and Ziva didn't seem to mind. She knew it was just a schoolboy crush.

She smiles as he wraps his arms around him. "Hey Adam."

"Did you wait for me like you said?"

We all laugh. Even Gibbs has a smile on his face.

I look towards Sean and notice that the blonde girl who was walking with Adam is now next to Sean holding his hand. She's wearing a spaghetti strapped yellow dress and has a smile on her face.

Sean see's that I'm staring, and their hands intertwined with each other.

The girl notices him noticing me and she smiles as me.

"I'm sorry." I snao out of it. "Who is this?" I ask Sean who hasn't introduced her to anyone.

I look to Adam whose smiles slowly fades, but he keeps one arm around Ziva.

"Oh," Sean begins. "This is Amanda."

I reach my arm out to shake her hand, but she goes in for a hug and it catches me off guard. I hug her back as much as I can without feeling awkward. I look to Ziva and she just shrugs. It's like she can feel my pain.

"It's nice to meet you." I tell her.

She lets me go and stand next to Sean and takes his hand again. "Sean has told me all about you. Even you guys, I'm guessing you're the ones who were protecting these two?"

Everyone shakes their heads. I don't say anything, but she looks back at me to look back at Sean.

"Now, I think it's time for Sean to tell you a little about me."

He gets bashful and looks at the ground. "Uh, yeah. I just didn't think that we would do that now honey."

"Now is better than never. Right Melissa?"

She turns to me which catches me off guard again. "Right..." I turn to Ziva and she's as lost as I am.

Sean clears his throat. "Amanda came back here with us, because she's my wife." He lifts their hands and I see the rings on their fingers. "We got married."

"Oh." Is all I can say. It's more than what the others are saying. They're all watching me, and I have to say something else. "Congratulations!" I say with a smile. That was the last thing I expected.

"But don't worry." Amanda takes the wheel again. "Michael didn't tell me anything about this until we got called back here."

We all stare at her because once again we have no idea what she's talking about.

"Oh! I'm sorry." She starts laughing. "Sean. I mean Sean. I had it the first time and then my mind went back to Wyoming."

"They hid you in Wyoming?" I ask.

"Yeah." Adam speaks up. "It's way different than here, but sometimes that's not a bad thing."

There's silence for a second and I know that's on the account of me. No one knows that to say, but they all follow my lead.

"Congratulations."

"Good for you Sean."

"Congrats."

I turn to Gibbs who is trying smile but stops when I get closer to him.

"They're back."

"They are."

"Does that mean you guys did it? They're put away?"

Gibbs sighs while still staring at me, but Sean catches my attention. "Wait, no one told her?"

I turn to Tony and Ziva and they aren't saying anything just like Gibbs.

"No, Melissa. We're here to help you guys catch them once and for all! They'll be locked up, my brother will be out of jail, and the rest of us can live happily ever after."

I hear what Adam says and I'm disappointed. I know what's going on here. They're doing that stupid plan again. The plan that every time it's used someone gets hurt.

I stare at Gibbs and he doesn't say or do anything. "No."

"Melissa,"

He speaks but I shake my head. "No, I don't like it and I don't want to hear about it. That's the one thing I asked is to not hear about what's going on and this happens."

"What's going on?" Sean asks.

I've had this. I thought seeing my childhood friend and his best friend was a sign that this was all over, and it was time to move on. No, they're a distraction in a game I don't plan to ever be a part of ever again.

I walk in between the crowd and head for the stairs. "Catch them up if you want to. I want nothing to do with this."