Chapter 31

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

"What do you think about this?" I ask Gibbs finally. We're on his couch watching Forrest Gump. I was pretty quiet the entire night because I've wanted to ask him this without coming off disrespectful, but there's no way not to sound that way. "You weren't our biggest fan when Melissa and I started seeing each other."

He doesn't look at me. He keeps his eyes on the screen. That means he doesn't like the conversation we're about to have. It's not that he can't look the person in the eyes when he's stating his opinion. It just means he's not a fan of the subject and doesn't want to put all his energy into something he doesn't like.

"I don't like it, but what am I going to?"

I can name what he can do because he did it to us when he found out about our relationship. "You can cause a scene like you do last time."

He doesn't even shake his head. "This time it's different."

"How?"

"Because she's still trying to cope with you dying."

Damn it. I always have that argument against me.

"Besides, she really didn't want to hear it from me this time."

He really catches my attention when he says that. "What do you mean?"

He sighs with his eyes still on the TV. "I went to go talk about Tony to her and she was stern and didn't want to hear my opinion. She said life is short and she's not going to live it to please anyone but herself."

The only thing that pops into my mind when he says that, is that she's serious about Tony. She's fighting for them to have a relationship.

I don't know why I bothered trying to have this conversation with him. I know no one ever tells him what to do, I just didn't expect him to let this happen. I thought it would have been like when he found out about me and her, but things are different now.

"Goodnight." I get up from the couch and start making my way down the stairs.

"Goodnight." He basically mumbles.

When I get to the basement, I want to lay down. I get on the bed, but my body doesn't want that. The thought of Tony taking care of her and being there for her, in the way I didn't mean when I asked him to, makes me start pacing.

I try to make myself relax and not think about it, but it's been on my mind ever since he told me the news.

I go to the bed and reach under the pillow. I leave her not there because I know no one will touch it.

"Promise." I say to myself. "Promise. Promise. Promise. Promise. Promise."

I know I've been strong and have had faith in the guys getting Juice, but I'm starting to lose faith with every day that passes. I want her in my arms again, and I feel like it's never going to happen. They say they're close to getting them, but the past few days nothing has been done.

I remember when I was there, things would work out like they should. Gibbs hasn't giving me much information which probably means Abby is doing twice the work to get them.

"Promise." I'm holding the note to my chest and I feel like my breathing is better, but my body still won't stop pacing.

I have to imagine her in my arms, not his.

She kisses me, not him.

She's in love with me, not... not him. She can't be.

What is going on while I'm down here?

I have no control over anything, and I can't even go outside. I can't leave the blinds open when the sun is out because someone might see me. The most suspicious thing that's noticeable is that Gibbs locks the door now.

Tony has been the only one over with in the months of me being down here.

We don't have a plan in place if someone else tries to visit and wonders why he isn't in his basement. I just hide and he tries his best to shoo them away.

This isn't how to live, but I'm not alive.

She's out there living and forming a life without me.

Will she lose those feelings for me?