Chapter 20

Tim's POV:

I wonder how Gibbs can watch all things about war. I would think he gets enough of that at work, but maybe that's why he's in this field. In the beginning, I would watch TV, with the shades closed of course, and search for anything but war.

Now, being here as long as I have it's all I want to watch. I'm a man that used to work for the dead, that is now dead, watching people die. If someone went back in time and told me this is how my life would turn out, I would think that they were high. Now that I'm here I believe that anything can happen.

"Hey." Gibbs walks through the door.

"Hey. How was work?" I ask. I feel like a housewife. In order for me to do that I would have to cook. I clean up after myself, but cooking isn't my forte. Anyone can ask Melissa that; she'll tell you that herself.

"Fine." He hasn't told me anything about Juice. I can tell when they have nothing on them because he speaks as if he's disappointed. When they get closer, he speaks quickly and changes the subject immediately. It's been a fine routine. I was just hoping by now we wouldn't still be doing it.

I can see in his hands he bought us take out. I loved when Melissa would decide on takeout. Not because her cooking wasn't great, believe me that was one thing I took for granted. What I took for granted the most was when she would order takeout, it gave me more time with her. I could hold her longer and talk to her without the risk of one of u getting burnt.

"Did Tony tell you anything interesting today?" He places the food on the table, and I go to him.

It's funny because even though I'm supposedly dead and Gibbs is living, we're both in the dark when it comes to how Melissa is. "Just that Melissa is having a hard time settling back into the house."

I was lucky that Tony told me what he did. I knew that he would when he found out about me. He made me a promise not too long ago about taking care of her and he is. I know things would be the same if he didn't know about my being alive. He's a true friend.

"What did you tell him?"

Great. Now that we have something else to talk about, I feel like I'm being interrogated.

"I told him to somehow make it work. I left everything to her" He knows that. Going into this field, we have to have a will written out in some way. "I left her the house and I know how she is. If I'm gone long enough, she's going to move on, and I can't let that happen."

He comes back to the table giving me and himself a drink. "We're trying. We have nothing on Juice, so we can't interrogate him with anything that we already haven't."

The third man. There was Whisk who I shot dead, the guy Ziva shot, and the man they arrested. They had a lot on him, and he is currently arrested, but isn't budging when it comes to making a deal.

"I know." I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I'm just getting antsy being locked in here so long.

"She's strong. She just has to get out there and remember life before you and live. That involves her moving on in the slightest. She's going to have to move on as little as she can."

I don't want her to suffer and be alone. I just need her to be comfortable in that home while I'm not there. Like I said before, I know her and that isn't going to last. She felt bad for having two couches when people had none. She's going to feel horrible for living in that house with multiple rooms and being the only one living there.

She cherishes her relationships with the guys. I just need her to be okay with just having them for now. If I were actually dead, I could roll over in my grave if she started seeing someone. I would wish her happiness, and then remember that I was still her first everything and always will be. Since I'm alive, I don't know what I would do. I think that would be the one thing that would truly stop my heart.

I shouldn't think such things. Not since I'm lucky to be alive after that shot.

"Was she at work today?"

He sighs. "No, but that's normal."

"Yeah." I don't know how normal.

I can't tell Gibbs how to do his job, no one can. I just don't understand how she can do her job form home. I understood in the beginning because she was learning. Now, that she has appointments and patients that need her, doesn't she have to be there at all times? I don't understand, but I have to see that he's being patient with her and that's another thing to be thankful for.

I mean she is his daughter.

"So, have I overstayed my welcome yet?"

I make him chuckle. I don't get many of those because I think he feels bad about my situation, so when I get them, I take recognition of it.

"You could never." He slides over my sandwich and chips. "Now eat. I can tell you didn't open the fridge at all today.

I do what he says and start to unwrap it. I look down at my ring and wonder if she's still wearing hers.