Chapter 51

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

"Hey."

"Hi."

Well, I'm glad we got the greeting out of the way. It was warmer than the welcome than I thought I was going to get.

I look at her and she has bedhead and pajamas on. She still looks beautiful as ever.

"C-can I come in?"

She turns to walk back inside. "It is still your house technically."

Our house. I don't want to push it. I'm lucky she's letting me in right now.

I walk in and everything on this side of the house looks the same. She closes the door behind me as I make my way to the kitchen and living room. The kitchen is the same, but the living room is a little different. Right behind my gaming area, there's a sleeping bag and blanket on the floor.

"Is this where you slept?"

I look at her leaning in the doorway. She shakes her head. "No, Tony slept there when he came here to make sure I didn't have nightmares."

I shake my head. I forgot about that. He told me about that in the beginning. I'm just overwhelmed for where I am right now.

"Are you here to move back in?" She looks at the stuff in my hands.

"If you'll have me."

She chuckles and starts walking upstairs. I dart after her, I don't want to seem desperate, but let's face the fact that I am.

When I get upstairs, she lets me walk into the bedroom first. She stands in the doorway again as if it's her post.

I place my few things on the bed and look around the room. It all looks the same. I make my way into the closet and nothing has changed here either. It's as if she knew I was coming back, except there's no way that she could have. That would have been amazing if she did, but I just don't think that's the case.

I walk out of the closet and look her way. She tries not to look at me but gives into it anyway.

I start making my way towards her, and she moves to face me as we're both in the doorway. I look at her for a second and then make my way to the place where I was going.

I take a look into my study that I was working on before everything happened. I thought I was going to say the same thing I've said about every room in the house, but I can't for this one. There's something different about this room and I know exactly what it is.

My journal.

I go to my desk and see that my journal is on top. I left this in the bottom drawer so she could never find it because it was going to be her one-year anniversary present.

Our of the corner of my eye I see her making her way into the doorway of the study now.

"You found my journal."

"Yeah." She clears her throat. "I was sitting there to reminisce, next thing you know I was snooping through the entire thing."

Oh, the pain I put her through. I put her through so much, but why she isn't doing anything? She's acting like everything that happened to us didn't happen at all. Is she just trying to forget it?

"Um," She begins to say, while looking at the ground. I put all my focus on her. "I'm sorry I slapped you yesterday. That wasn't okay."

"What?"

She looks me in my eyes this time. "I said I'm sorry-"

"No, I know what you said. But why?"

"Why am I sorry?" She's annoyed at me for asking, but she didn't let me finish. Besides, I need her to be annoyed. I did all this to her. We have to talk about it.

"No, well yes, but why are you talking to me like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like this! Like there's no emotion. There's just nothing."

She rolls her eyes. "What do you want me to do Tim?"

"Yell at me." I go to her and take her hands. "Yell at me. Slap me again. Do anything so I know you still love me."

She backs away with a gross look on her face "If you think that's what love is, especially our love than you have been mistaken."

"I just want to see that you care."

"Of course, I care Tim! I just..." She trails off and isn't looking at me again.

"Just what? Just what?" I need her to do something. I need her to show her feelings, so I know I still have the same girl that I foolishly left behind. "Just what?"

"I just can't be mad at you the way I was before because if you didn't do what you did, you could actually be dead right now."

She says that and I can see tears in her eyes. I can tell she's fighting them back.

"I was so angry yesterday because I thought of all the time you wasted for us, but then I slept on it and realized you could be dead right now if you didn't."

She walks closer to me again. I look into those beautiful eyes that I've missed so much and melt into them. "I thought about how much you love me to not tear me away from this place with you in a real program. I thought that you knew this was for the best because it meant we would really get to see each other again someday and you had faith in that."

She gets closer to me. I can practically feel her.

"I want to be mad at you. I want to not let you in so easily, but, how can I? When you did this for us. That's how I know you care, and that's how I'm showing you I care. I can't be mad at you and I hate it."

I take her hands as she looks down at the ground again. I feel her hand and it's like we're magnets to each other. We can never let each other go. Especially, not after everything we've been through.

All I can do is look at her right now and feel her in front of me. I feel her hand again.

"Where's your ring?"

"It's in the dresser with-" That's all I need to hear.

I kiss her with everything that I've had in me for these past months I feel her lips on mine. I feel her hands slowly move to around my neck and I get chills. I move my hand to her hips and push her against the door frame.

I tear my lips away from hers for a second because I know this is sudden and we just started speaking to each other again. This is the first time we've been alone together, and our breathing has already changed.

"I'm sorry is this okay?"

I'm asking already out of breath and watching her slowly open her eyes again. She looks at my lips and forces hers on mine and wraps her arms and legs around me.

I'm guessing this is more than okay.