Chapter 39

(Hi everyone! I really hope everyone is holding in there during quarantine and being safe. It came to my attention that some of you may not be familiar with Adam and Sean's story. If you want to take a look at that, those are found in What Really Happens: NCIS Chapters 72-100. Happy reading!)

Melissa's POV:

This all still feels like a fever dream to me. When I saw Sean, I felt the blood leave my head. I thought I was going to faint. I didn't understand why he was here and why Adam followed. There was a moment when I thought that they did it. They finally caught the and this is their way of telling me.

I was wrong.

If I don't want to know about the case, then I don't want to think about it either. I know that Adam has more to gain from doing this because of his brother. I just think it would be nice if he was certain that he would see his brother when this is all over.

I can't think of anything that Sean gains from doing this. It looks like he made a life for himself out there. I would hate to think he'll go back, and Adam will stay here with his brother. Sean and Adam are brothers all on their own. I just hope they stay together.

It was nice of Abby and Ziva to catch them up on everything that's been going on. I didn't feel like talking then because this plan just sounds messy to me.

Tonight, I rather be with Tony than with everyone if I'm being completely honest, but I rather be with everyone than alone.

I don't know where everyone went when they left my office, but I've been in here wishing that Jack were here. The more I thought about it, the more I realized I wanted Jack to be full time, not only because we have a good time together, but because I always have someone to talk to. That's not what they pay him to do. It just helps that we get along and he knows what he's doing.

I still wish he was here though. I think he would enjoy this.

It's getting later than I expected, so I should probably get the snacks while I'm thinking about it.

I walk through the halls seeing if I can find anyone. I rather be with them than alone as soon as possible. To be honest, they're probably setting up the equipment for the movie and I don't want to go there empty handed.

I make my way to the breakroom, and when I get there, I see Sean sitting down at one of the tables just looking down. I don't want to disturb him, but my presence already did because he looks up.

"Hi." He looks shocked that I'm here, even though I actually work here.

"Hey." I walk over to his table. "I'm sorry. I didn't know anyone was in here."

"No, no. It's fine. Please." He gestures towards the chair and I take a seat.

Wyoming made even more of a gentleman out of him. I take a seat and try not to make it noticeable that this caught me off guard.

We sit there for a moment staring at each other in silence.

I decide to start the conversation off with the only thing I can think of. "I'm in charge of snacks." I point to the vending machine.

He chuckles. "Yeah, I heard the whole thing about movie night. Only Adam and Abby would think about doing such a thing."

Everyone here formed a relationship with Sean and Adam while they were here. Tony loved that they looked up to him. Abby was fun and an escape from being locked in here. Ziva was Adam's eye candy of course. I already had a relationship to one of them, which made it easier for Adam to trust me.

They knew Tim had their best interests at heart. They didn't really spend a lot of time with him because he was reserving that time for me. I wish they could have gotten to know him more. They would have all liked each other.