Legacy

Nico's breath hitched quietly.

He rubbed his tummy, looking down at his huge bump. He was having a baby with his boyfriend, Percy. Percy was at work and Nico was in the start of his labor, but he didn't mind. The contractions hurt, but they weren't awful yet.

He sat down in the living room, leaning back. He looked down at his stomach, "Hey, little one. Take it easy in there, we'll meet each other soo- oooh..." He let his head fall back, being hit with a harder contraction.

After a few hours he messaged Percy, asking him to take the rest of the day off. Of course, he did. When Percy arrived, Nico was in a lot more pain. He wasn't fully dilated so they stayed home, but he was definitely going through it. Each contraction made him double over and groan.

Percy braced Nico's back as he leaned onto the kitchen counter, "Fuuuuuuck."

"I know, love," Percy assured.

Nico looked down at his stomach, "She's a tough one."

Percy kissed his shoulder, "She's strong."

Many long hours and days later, she was born and in Nico's arms at home. He held her at his chest as she fell asleep to his body heat.

Nico was absolutely exhausted, "Percy?"

Percy leaned down, kissing his nose, "Yes, love?"

"Carry us to bed?"

"Of course," he said, picking them up gently, careful not to wake their baby girl. He carried them to bed and sat down next to them in case Nico fell asleep, not wanting any accidents to happen.

Percy looked down at them, noting how beautiful his family was.

"You know..." Percy started to a tired Nico. "She is pretty tough."

Nico smirked, "Yeah. She's strong."

"She's strong," Percy repeated. "She's our legacy, after all."