"There is comfort in love."

A/N Sorry in advance if it sucks

He buries his face into Reyna's neck, biting his bottom lip so he doesn't cry.

"They don't know what they're talking about." she comforts him by brushing her fingers through his strands of hair and rubbing his shoulder with two fingers.

"But they do! They figured it out. Now that's how the world sees me, a weak, worthless, suicidal teenager." his chest heaves heavier and he squeezes his girlfriend tighter. But no matter how close he is to Reyna Ramirez-Arellano, Nico di Angelo feels alone, abandoned.

"The world doesn't see you like that. Only you do." Reyna reminds.

Nico sniffs. "If only. . ." he whispers.

Reyna has talked to Nico about this many, many times before, but nothing gets into his head other than his own thoughts, stirring up problems that are so unnecessary. There's comfort in love. she said once.

"There's comfort in love." she says again. Nico moves a little more next to her, and is soon asleep. Reyna looks out the window at trees. She looks at Nico, his pale, red cheeks, and red nose, as he huffs gently.

Will I lose him to this if I don't do enough?

She knows this is just one example of how pain is only passed, not withheld or ended; not this pain, anyway. It only makes everyone suffer; everyone who doesn't deserve. There's always someone who just didn't deserve it.

She looks at Nico's frame. Strong, delicate, he looks to be both. She kisses his forehead, brushing his hair. Dreams are not reality. she reminds herself. She cannot fall into the depths too.

All through the night, she holds Nico. She doesn't sleep. She keeps her eyes on the trees or her lover, without a glance at anything else. There is comfort, in love.

This one-shot is ended. Feel free to comment any mistakes you caught, I'm a grammar freak so no harm done. Thanks!