Online Lover (Solangelo) [Mortal AU]

Nico had been texting a stranger on Discord for a long time now. His username was SunshineAtNight7, but Nico called him Apollo. Nico's username was d3athlyhollows999, and they found it cute to call him Hades online.

D3athlyhollows999: I'll be there soon

SunshineAtNight7: I can't wait!!

D3athlthollowa999: Me either

Nico slid on his aviator jacket, his best pair of black boots, and combed his hair nicely. He looked in the mirror, adding some light black eyeliner and blush, and a bandaid on his nose for the aesthetic.

Today was the day they would finally meet in person. Yeah, they had sent pictures of themselves (Apollo looked like a god to Nico, hence the nickname). But Nico's love language was physical touch. He was excited to finally meet Apollo in person, but also worried - what if it was... too different than what they were used to?

He took a deep breath and looked himself in the mirror one last time before heading out to a local cafe.

~

Will was already at the cafe, but he was an hour early so he didn't want to say anything out of fear of seeming creepy. In reality, his plane landed early and he was just too excited not to rush over to their meeting spot.

He had been talking to Hades for months now, and when he had the opportunity to fly to his area for a family vacation, he just HAD to take out time in his schedule to meet Hades.

Will hadn't felt this bubbly about anyone in a while. He was excited, but nervous... What if Hades wasn't who he said he was? Even worse, what if he was but lost interest in Will upon finally meeting him in person?

He took a shaky breath, taking a table right outside the cafe's doors and waiting patiently for Hades to show up.

~

Nico was about twenty feet from the cafe, paused on the sidewalk. There was a bright face with beach blonde hair and tanned skin, and the sweetest smile he'd ever seen. It was Apollo.

He felt butterflies in his stomach, but it was a LOT of butterflies. He thought he was going to hurl all over the side of the road. Suddenly, Apollo looked up and they made eye contact.

Apollo knew exactly who it was, and his smile grew. He stood up, tipping over his coffee. His eyes went wide and he picked it up, making Nico giggle.

In that moment, Nico forgot everything that worried him, and ran to Apollo. When Apollo had finally looked up again, Nico was jumping on him with arms wide open.

They fell to the ground, laughing.

~

"Baby!" Will yelped, crashing to the ground with Hades on top of him.

Hades laughed, smiling wide, "Hi!"

For a moment, they just sat on the old sidewalk, looking into each other's eyes with unapologetic blushes and wide grins.

"I'm Will," Will announced.

Nico bit his lip, "I'm Nico."