Poisoned

"Nico! Nico!" I heard a name calling my voice. I meant to call back, but instead I groaned. Percy rushed to my side.

"Nico, are you okay?" he asked. Do I look okay? I wanted to growl at him, but I kept my mouth shut and my head relaxed, looking through my half-closed eyes at him. I was sweating like crazy, breathing not heavily but it felt as if my lungs were partially closed. I groaned louder.

"It's okay," Percy assured, wiping my forehead with a cloth. "I'm so sorry."

I shook my head weakly, a tiny movement, "No, D-Don't be, it's n-not your fault." He rubbed my hand, holding it.

He looked down at my chest, the mark from which the scythe--the one covered in poison--had pierced my skin and organs. Let me tell you, it wasn't fun.

"P-Percy," I croaked, he looked back up. "F-f-find what we were looking for."

Percy shook his head, "Let the others do it. I'll be here with you. Get some rest." I groaned loudly, nearly a scream.

"Rest." Percy wiped my forehead again, sweat built up. I felt a something roll down from my eye--a tear. I felt my chest continue to warm, getting hotter and hotter.

"Rest." Percy bit. I closed my eyes, and drifted off quickly.

~~

"It's my fault . . . " Percy was on the verge of tears.

"It is not!" Rachel, his best friend, argued, stomping. "You did what you could."

"But it's never enough. . . "

~~

"O-ow." Nico whispered. His best friend, Will Solace, was "healing" Nico's wound, cleaning it with a rough cloth and stitching it up.

"Ow, stop!" Nico yelled loudly.

"Stop squirming or it'll take longer!" Will exclaimed. Nico let a few tears slip out of his orbs as he bit back his complaints and grouches.

Once Will was done, Percy slipped in.

"Hey, stop crying." he wiped Nico's cheek, easing his edginess. Nico hummed at the touch.

After a few moments, "Will said you're getting better. Slowly. But the ambrosia isn't as impactful as hoped."

Nico nodded unnoticeably. Percy cupped Nico's hand. He didn't know what to say to the boy, so he let his thoughts bounce; but no matter what, he kept his eyes locked with his boyfriend's. He owes him at least that.

"Hur-hurts." Nico mumbled.

Percy nodded, "I know, it's okay."

Nico hissed. Under his blankets, Percy could see his other moving to his chest, and his legs shifting. Nico turned his head to lay it on his side, facing Percy, his eyes closed softly once he stopped moving. Percy reached out and ran his thumb over Nico's cheekbone.

"I tried, I'm sorry." Percy whispered. Nico didn't hear, and Percy knew.

"Love you." Nico choked.

Percy kissed his cheek and wiped Nico's forehead with his sleeve. He leaned in closer so Nico would hear his quiet tone, "Love you more."