Leo With the Flu

《SHIP》》Valdangelo

Nico entered the boy's cabin, surprised at its living vacancy, except for a boy in bed. The others probably didn't want to get sick too. he thought. He made his way over to the boy, Leo Valdez, and sat on his bed.

Leo was sleeping under thick, warm blankets. Nico touched Leo's forehead, which was flaming (no, not literally). He trickled a little nectar in Leo's mouth, Leo blinking a few times but not waking. Nico kissed his nose.

He sat by him for half an hour. He stood to go, until he realized Leo was holding his hand. The son of Hephaestus sat up groggily, and looked up attempting to give his usual smile, though his smugness was drained and his eyes weren't as bright, his nose as red as his fire.

"How are you feeling?" Nico asked, putting his hand to Leo's chest to push him back down in bed. Leo sighed.

"Useless." he responds.

"You'll feel better soon. Give it time. You'll be up and about by the end of the day." Nico assures.

Leo sighs again, "Stupid cold."

Nico couldn't help but smile at the boy, even if it was just a little smile, a tiny curl tugging at his lips.

"Love you." he says.

Leo squeezes his hand, "Not as much as I love you."

Nico leaned over and kissed Leo's forehead, "Get well, Repair Boy." He stood, Leo's hand dropping to his mattress. He exited the Hephaestus cabin, feeling refreshed now seeing his boyfriend again, almost renewed.

Later that day, the two met for dinner, chatting and playing with their food, kissing each other's noses, and, most importantly, smiling and laughing together.

This one-shot has been edited. If you find any mistakes, please comment kindly. Thank you!