Nico @ New York Fashion Week

Nico fixed his makeup after crying, realizing it wasn't that bad since most of it was waterproof but still not wanting to look like a fool out on that runway.

"Pull yourself together!" his manager yelled, busy walking around and making sure everyone was in check. When she walked away, Nico exhaled.

"Fuck me," he cursed at himself.

He looked himself in the mirror, and all he saw was an ugly shell of a person. Did he really deserve to be here, walking at the New York Fashion Week? It was an honor, but he felt unworthy. He felt like he wasn't enough and someone else should take his place.

But there was no one else right now and he had a job to do.

He tried to pull himself together, but he ended up getting ready by avoiding the mirror. Making sure everything was buttoned up and positioned properly as much as he could, he took a deep breath. He noticed his boyfriend, Leo, standing at the door.

Nico smiled and invited him in.

"You look... hot," Leo said. Nico expected a joke, but all Leo could dish out was genuine compliments.

Nico looked down. He didn't want to say 'no I don't' but he just didn't believe it.

He smiled nonetheless, "Thank you for coming."

"Well, duh! It's your big night! You earned this," Leo smiled. "Here, I got you something."

He reached into his pocket, and suddenly gave Nico a quick kiss on the lips, revealing that there was nothing actually in his pocket.

"Leo! My makeup!" Nico complained, but he couldn't help but blush.

"It looks perfect, babe. As you do, like usual."

Nico exhaled, "You always cheer me up."

Suddenly, Nico heard his name called and he knew it was time to line up.

Leo started backing away as Nico's manager went to grab him, but yelled out a "Good luck" before Nico was out of earshot.

Long story short, the walk was a success. At the end of the runway, Nico struck a pose, and stared straight at Leo. Despite his manager's protests later, Nico winked at him and mouthed 'I love you' before walking back down the walkway.