(3) Death of Jason

Reyna's Point of View

He was seventeen. Seventeen. This world is so Frey-ing cruel. So freaking cruel. "He'll be okay" they said. "He's fine" they said. "He loved you once" they said. Trash. All of it, garbage. Just absolute cruelty.

Jason Grace. . . you son of a brat.

I remember when it happened. Well, somewhat.
I sighed. I wasn't there.
I put my head in my hands. I wasn't there.

~Flashback~

He rested easily in his bed. The windows are a faint white, and open. The breeze is flying through, pushing them. It's sunny, parts of sun resting on the beautiful boy. Piper is usually by his side, but she needed to confirm her stay with Chiron.

I walked closer in my Praetor clothes and smiled at him so gorgeous. Though, he's in pain. The blanket is pulled down to his waist, his entire chest wrapped in a white bandage. It saddens and hardens me, knowing he is close to death, sleeping day and night, eyes open ten minutes at a time.

I moved and sat beside him, pulling my braid to the opposite side of myself. I touched his hand, longing for him. He muttered something indecipherable, and moved his head from side to side. I moved my hand back as his eyes fluttered. He looked at me with beautiful orbs. I love you, I wanted to say. Though I can never say it.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked him. He nodded and smiled. If only I knew he was such a talented, devious liar. Now I snarl at the thought of it.

I smile sweetly at him. "Rest, Jason. Your friends will need you once you are well."

He nodded and closed his eyes peacefully, lightly. I stood and looked away, ready to leave, but he thrust his wrist out and grabbed mine, "Reyna."

I turned to look at him, desperate to fulfill his any need. "Yes?" I asked in my usual tone, though my eyes shown a separate emotion.

"Tell Piper to come see me soon," he smirked. "She likes it when it's cold here."

Piper. . . Cold. . . Pain flashed through me, but I look away. I nodded. It's what he wants, I tell myself. I'll do anything for him. And so I did it. I told Piper in an Iris-message. She was there that night for him.

The next morning, I woke early, hoping to wander my land before doing the heavy work a leader must do. I saw people rushing to Jason's room. At first I thought it was like before, family, friends, even strangers, going to see him. Their messages given out. But that was, until, a teary Hazel grasped my arm.

"Reyna, please. Jason, he, he," she was choking on her tears and stuttering. I feared the worst. "Go see him, he's gone."

~Flashback over~

Go see him, he's gone, she had said. I repeated that line to myself over and over.

The stab wound. The poisonous blade. It couldn't have been that bad, could it have? But it was, oh, it so was. Oh, Jason. I am so sorry, old friend.

I am so sorry, my love.

I heard a knock on my door. I composed myself and answered it like I normally would. It was Frank.

"Time to do some work." he said.

I bit my lip and my eyes turned back to cold stone, "No kidding."