I Am Valid. (Pt. 3)

Nico's P.O.V.
Small trigger warning.

I hid behind the doorframe and listened to their conversation once hearing my name. Maybe it was rude, but hey, what do I have to live for?

"...transgender?"

"Why didn't he... before?"

"He was scared...support..."

Nico could only hear so much, but he got the gist. Jason knew. Jason knew, and Hazel just let him know.

He knew.

Nico felt a tear slip down his face. He isn't supposed to know yet! Nico quietly walked to his room, where he slammed the door shut and slid down against the wall.

Great. Now what? He knows, and he probably hates Nico, and it's embarrassing too and...

Nico begins to cry. It's not fair. Nico is supposed to decide who knows and when and why and where they find out and by whom. He knew it; being transgender is a curse. He thought maybe just a burden, but no, a curse. He's not even valid in the universe's eyes.

He begins sobbing, not caring if Hazel or Jason can hear him from inside or out. This is his life, why can't he make it a good one? Why can't the universe cut him some slack?

After a few moments, there is a quiet knocking on Nico's door, followed by Hazel's soft voice, "Nico...?"

"P-please go away." Nico mutters back, loud enough for her to hear.

"Nico, Jason isn't mad at you, and he isn't against you, either."

"Prove it."

I forgot to lock the door, so it opens from the outside. I'm an idiot. But Jason walks in, shutting the door behind him, and falling next to me.

He gives me a hug.

Usually I don't like physical contact, since I'm so used to pushing people away in fear that they'd figure it out. It still feels a bit strange this time, but I do appreciate it.

"Repeat after me; I am valid."

I huff out a quiet sob, refusing to meet his eyes.

"Say it." he demands.

I shake my head, and he grabs my chin and forces me to face him, "Say it. 'I am valid'."

I close my eyes as another tear falls, "I-I am..."

"Say it."

"Valid!" I angry yell. "I'm valid."

"You are. Now please stop crying, I don't like to see you like that." he says.

I close my eyes, "You can't control me."

He pulls my chin to him again, and he kisses me, "Please."

I open my widening eyes. "Ja-Jason!"

"Please."

I stare at him for what feels like an eternity. I wipe my cheeks with my sleeve, still looking in his eyes, "Okay."