Lovesick

Nico X Female Reader

I hear a lovesick whine coming from inside, and heard voices. I was too curious to step away.

"But I love her, Hazel!" Nico cried.

"Then tell her." Hazel replied simply.

I heard a sigh, "It's not that easy. She's too perfect. And in love with him. Why can't I move on from her, Hazel?" Another lovesick moan.

"Stop being so dramatic," another voice I didn't recognize spoke up. "She doesn't love him, and if you told her your feelings and she didn't like you y'all would still be friends. You've just got to let her know."

A slight groan, "I don't know. I don't think I can. I don't want love. I just want to stop thinking about her so I can get some sleep."

"Stop complaining then."

"But I love her! It hurts, Hazel."

"Try leaving notes, then."

"No."

"Why?"

"Too cliche."

"Um, maybe-"

"No. I don't want her to break my heart."

With that, no one spoke a word. After another minute, I knocked on the door. Hazel opened it with a smile, like the previous talk never happened. Nico was looking sadly at me from on his comforters, and on the other side of the room there was the new demigod Marshall passed out in a bed.

"Chiron wanted me to sweep through the cabins and make sure everyone was asleep." I said.

"Thanks, (Y/N). We'll hit the hay." Hazel smiled, shutting the door slowly.

She opened it when Nico called out to me.

"Y/N, wait."

He jumped out and shut the door behind him, so that it was him and I alone. It was me he was complaining about, wasn't it?

"Y/N, I, um. . ." his voice trailed off as he stammered.

I decided to spare him the hurt, and kissed his cheek. "Night, Nico."

I turned away before I saw his face, but never that night as I passed by the other cabins (and his because I couldn't help it) did I hear a lovesick plea.