Headaches (Part One)

"Nico, lay down." Will ordered. Nico scowled, but slowly lowered down to the couch, lifting his legs and relaxing his head. He sighed.

"Take some medicine." Will smiled, making Nico smile. Nico couldn't help it.

He took the medicine, slurping it quickly. Will placed his hand against Nico's forehead, and Nico closed his eyes.

"You know, it's because you didn't eat at all today. You promised you would." Will sat on the couch next to Nico's arm.

"Will, I'm fine. It's just a headache, and a missed lunch." Nico debated..

"And a missed breakfast. And I don't recall you filling up at dinner last night. You need to eat, Nico, especially if you're stressing yourself out like you are. Geez, take your health into consideration!"

"No."

"No?"

"I'm not hungry! I don't care! It's one headache, get over it, Will!"

"Are you kidding me, Nico?"

"No! Just- urgh, this is making my headache worse."

Will sighed and spoke quietly, "Get some sleep."

Nico glared and looked up at the ceiling, crossing his arms. He didn't want to fall asleep, but he couldn't help it. His eyebrows relaxed and his breathing slowed, his eyes closed. Will thought he looked peaceful, beautiful, a god.

"Rest tight, Nico."

~~

"Will?" Nico called. Will walked into the room, Nico still laying on the couch. Somehow, he looked even more exhausted. Will immediately made his way to him, placing his head against his forehead.

"You feeling okay, Nico?" he asked with a worried expression. Nico pushed his hand to the side.

"I'm fine, Will. Chill. I'm just hot, was wondering if you would get me some water. Um, please." Nico asked with pleasing eyes.

Will was suspicious of course, but got his water anyways. His thoughts went wild. What's wrong? Is he okay? Should I take him to the hospital? Is it just a cold? Am I overreacting? What's-

"Will!" he called, his voice cracking. Will grabbed the glass of water and took it down to him.

Nico was laying normally on the couch, his eyes relaxing. He probably still had a headache. Will handed him the water.

"How are you feeling?" he demanded gingerly.

Nico looked up at him, sipping his fresh, cold water (even though it tickles his teeth). He nods, "I'm alright."

Lies. Will thought. It was obvious, looking at Nico's heavy breathing, the sweat around his wrists and palms, his exhaustion and his lazy eyelids.

"Tell me the truth," Will warned, taking Nico's hand for his own pleasure and comfort. "There's obviously something up. This is important."

Nico sighed, "Do I need to state the obvious then? It's a bad headache, okay? That's it. I just need more rest, and probably food. I'll eat something later, but..."

"I'll get you something once you finish your water." Will explains.

Nico sighs and rolls his eyes, "Fine."

Will smiles, squeezing Nico's hand assuringly. Nico groans and let's out a quiet whimper. Naturally, Will's heartbeat starts racing a few countries an hour. I should take him to the hospital. he agreed with himself. But how would he get Nico to agree? Would Nico put up a fight if he didn't?

"Nico, look at me." Will says softly. Nico's eyes turn his head to look at Will, he releases a smile once he sees his boyfriend's.

"Nico, we should go to the doctor's. Come on."

"What?" Nico complained.

"Come on, fight me if you want to."

"Will, I'm okay, I'm fine, stop worrying."

"Please, Nico, for my own closure at least?"

Will stared at Nico with large, blue, pleading eyes. Nico tried fighting his way out, but he knew his boyfriend--he wasn't having it.

Nico let out an exasperated sigh, "Fine."

Will sighed in relief, his fear of arguing assuaged; no matter how cute Nico is when he's angry, he wants him to be happy with him.

Will nods, "Okay, come on, let's go."

"Now?" the other boy lifts his eyebrows.

"Yeah. Come on."

Nico rolled his eyes; he should've put up a harder fight. He slowly rose his torso, putting a hand to his head and closing his eyes while wincing. Will held his other hand to make sure he was okay.

"I'm fine, just a little dizzy. Let's go." Nico agreed.

He slowly rose to his feet, with help from Will, and they slowly worked his muscles back to strength from laying down for a long duration. Will opened the front door, and walked Nico out, holding his hand. They were about eight feet from the car when Will suddenly felt a heaviness on his arm.

Nico was falling.