The two blondes had yet a chance to talk about their firework setting kiss, and frankly, they just wanted more. The chemistry that was already consistent between them made their bodies burn when close in proximity. They weren't sure what they were yet, but they both knew they wanted it to be something.

"Might as well tell him, man," JJ shrugged, his hand shifting a bit on Lynn's thigh, where his grip only tightened against her skin. "Before we're gaffed."

Lynn narrowed her eyes confusedly at the blonde boy, not quite understanding what he meant by 'gaffed'. She then switched over towards John B for his reaction, but he looked puzzled himself as he searched for the right words.

"You ready for this?" John B started, and the kids all nodded in anticipation for him to continue. "So, the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant."

"Oh my God, here we go again with this."

"John B, are you ever gonna give this up?" Lynn groaned annoyingly, rolling her blue eyes at the boy. She knew he wanted to finish this, for his father, but it just felt too dragged on anymore. They were broke, partially dumb, teenagers, how the hell would they be the ones to find the gold after all this time?

"No, alright, wait," JJ stated, and he glanced down to Lynn, whispering more closely to her ear. "Hear him out, alright, princess?"

Lynn made some grumbling noises, not really forming any words, and crossed her arms over her chest as she motioned for John B to continue.

John B couldn't help the grin that crossed his face, "It's been here the whole time. It's on the island."

"Are you serious?" Kie gasped, and she glanced up to see everyone's reactions. "Oh my God."

"You're joking," Lynn commented, flashing a weary expression over to John B. "How do you know?"

Pope rose a single index finger into the air as he pointed it directly at John B, "I'd like to voice my skepticism."

"I'm sure you would, Pope," John B replied, getting up from his spot on the log to walk over towards his backpack. "But can I please present you with my evidence, sir?"

Wearily, Pope caved, "Proceed."

And that's when John B explained the entire story to his best friends surrounding the warm and sparkling fire. From Denmark Tanny, the slave that actually appeared to be the sole survivor of the Royal Merchant. He used the gold to buy slaves their freedom, which is why he was ultimately lynched. And how there was a coded message on where to find the gold of the Royal Merchant.

"Okay, so this might have a small chance of being actually true," Pope admitted against his will, and although Lynn was never one to confess to being wrong, she certainly felt it in this situation.

"Oh my God, my best friends a genius," Lynn grinned, wrapping her soft fingertips around a stick that was laying near her feet and tossing it towards John B, who evenly escaped the hit.

"I am a genius," John B smirked back towards the blonde, but then he was suddenly taken off guard when JJ jumped from his previous position next to Lynn, and hooked his arms around the boy to give him a huge bear hug. "Hey, whoa! Hello, fire! You're near the fire, you're gonna burn."