"I wanted to say thanks."

Lynn snapped out of her blank zone from staring at the wet grass she was walking on, to John B beside her. The two had went on a quiet boat ride after getting back to the Chateau, where JJ said he would've stayed but had gun practice lined up — and he wasn't sure if Lynn was angry with him since she growled so easily at him this morning. He figured Lynn needed her best friend, not the one who has a crush on her.

"Hm?" Lynn hummed, not even paying attention to what he had said merely a minute previous.

"I said thanks, I mean, I probably shouldn't be alone right now," John B shrugged, dropping his eyes to the ground. "I just, I can't believe it's not there."

"We can still find it," Lynn stated affirmatively, and she grabbed ahold of John B's hand while pulling him to a stop. She embraced the boy in a hug, resting her cheek on his shoulder for a moment, and he wrapped his arms around the blondes waist.

John B had a crush on Lynn in the ninth and tenth grade — but the way she always acted with JJ had put him off. He was scared to make a move, because she was almost arguably more feisty than Kie, and if it was a mistake then she would let hell loose. But frankly, in this moment, he was desperate to see how Lynn felt.

"You're pretty amazing, Lynn," John B mumbled into her skin, and a smile appeared on her face. "I love you, you know?"

"Oh, you don't have to always remind me, John," Lynn teased, releasing her hug from the boy while giving him a shove in the shoulder.

Suddenly off guard, Lynn practically let out a gasp as she felt John B's lips planted on her pink ones. He still had his arms wrapped around her waist, and he had pulled her closer when he leaned in. She placed her hands on his shoulders, taking a second to even process the moment — then she realized she was actually kissing John B back.

Lynn pulled away instantly after the realization, and placed a hand to hover over her lips. She had actually enjoyed it. JJ and Lynn weren't dating, and she thought that he could quite possibly not ever want to go out with her officially. Then why did she feel so damn guilty?

"Shit," John B flushed quickly, running a spare hand through his messy hair.

Lynn swallowed a nervous gulp as she tried to understand what was even happening, but before she could finish, John B started mumbling words under his breath and took off towards the house.

"John B!" Lynn called, waving her hand in the arm to try to call him back, but he was still determined on getting to the shack. "John!"

"I'm sorry!" John B exclaimed, turning on his heel quickly, and Lynn had to dig her feet into the ground so she wouldn't ram directly into his chest. "I don't know why I kissed you, God, I don't know what I was thinking. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have—"

"—I like JJ."

Lynn's eyes shifted in disbelief as she heard the words roll off her tongue so easily, even though she had only said it once before to Kie. John B gasped at the statement, his jaw going slack, and searched Lynn's blue eyes to see if she was telling the truth, and he could tell she was.

"I'm sorry," Lynn whispered quietly, already feeling the awkward tension in the air. She let out chuckle, and felt emotion swelling up in her eyes. "I've liked JJ since I met him in third grade, and I have no idea if anything will actually come out it, but a part of me isn't giving it up."