"Not cool," JJ growled, pursing out his lower lip as he narrowed his blue eyes at the blonde, pushing her arm jokingly.

      "It was funny!" Lynn protested, raising both her arms in defense. "Aw, c'mon guys, it's a joke."

      "Well, you're not funny."

      "What do you guys think it is?"

      After the short ride from the marsh back to John B's deck, they had all jumped out of the boat with anticipation bubbling in their stomachs. They hadn't opened the black mysterious bag yet because they decided to open it back on the dock, just in case the bad guys got their boat back up and running and somehow found the kids.

      "Gotta be money, right?"

      "What if it's gold treasure!" Lynn teased, pushing John B's shoulder jokingly. He knelt down, and start untying the bag, and they all circled around him while standing up.

      "Or a couple of keys with street value to the low-to mid-mils!" JJ commented, placing his hands on his knees while he peered over John B's shoulder steadily.

      "Can we please just open the bag!?" Pope scrambled loudly, and all the teenagers seemed to be surprised by the fact Pope had actually risen his voice for the first time in his life.

      "Wow, Pope, that's a rare outburst of emotion," John B stated, and everyone in the group chimed in agreement.

      "You guys are literally killing me with anticipation," Pope argued, and Lynn sort of agreed with him on that point. They were all talking instead of John B unzipping the bag. "We almost died over this."

      "A bit of an overexaggeration," Lynn complained, narrowing her eyes at Pope as he just rolled his as a reply.

      John B fiddled with the bag for a moment, before pulling out some type of silver, metal object. He tried unscrewing it, but struggled for a moment, probably because it was just sitting underwater for who knows how long. When he finally got it open, he turned the canister upside down so whatever was in it, would fall out.

      "Oh, wow, yup. That's about right."

      "It's a...?" Lynn questioned, looking awfully confused as John B unclicked it, revealing what the object was — a compass. "...Compass."

      "Good job, everybody. We found a compass," Pope explained sarcastically, turning away from the small crew while placing both of his hands on his head, defeated.

      Lynn glanced to Kie and JJ for their reactions, and Kie was just standing there in a sudden disbelief while JJ turned around, peeling off his red cap as he ran a hand through his messy, blonde locks.

       "Dude, what? It's not worth anything," JJ replied, staring down at John B, who's eyes had never even left the rusted compass.

      "This was my fathers."

a/n: love evelynn <333