"Hey, guys, they're following us," JJ stated, even though anyone that was glancing at the boat could tell that.

"Oh, this can't be good," Pope muttered, and he sounded frantic. "Dude, you gotta go faster!"

      Lynn peered into the boat, still leaning on the ladder, but it was getting bouncy due to the waves from going so fast. "They look like assholes!"

      A second after she spoke up, she heard a gunshot ricochet through the air. They all ducked instinctively, and she pressed her back against the cold part of the boat as she placed both arms on the ground for support.

      "Do you think they heard me?"

      "John B, get down!" Pope yelled, but John B didn't have much of a choice because he still had to steer the boat, and if he went down then no one would be directing the boat anymore and the burly men would catch up to them.

      Another shot ran through the air, and Lynn heard Pope start mumbling words under his breath as he covered his ears. She poked her head up again, looking at the boat, and then she heard Kie shift by her.

      "Pope, move!" Kie shouted, shoving past Pope laid out on the ground as she moved towards the front of the boat. Lynn's eyes followed her as she grabbed some green rope, and a net, and she lit up like a christmas tree as she figured out her idea.

      "Here, throw it!" Lynn directed, standing up for a moment, but then another bullet echoed through her ear, and she flinched.

      "Eve, get the hell down!" JJ snapped, grabbing ahold of her thigh while tugging on it, but it was no use. Kie threw the net towards her, and she caught it just as another bullet whirled past her. She spun around quickly as she threw it into the water right behind their motor, staring at it as she saw it go right underneath their boat, followed by some cracking noises she could only assume was their motor.

      "Yes!" Lynn jumped up in excitement, tossing both arms into the air as she did so, but her celebration was quickly cut short as another bullet was released. Lynn fell into a heap on the ground, and held onto her stomach as she curled into a little ball, and she felt the boat rock as John B was turning the corner.

      "Oh my God! Evelynn!" JJ screamed, racing forward towards the girl who had just dropped like a sack of potatoes. He was concerned she had just caught that last bullet, and he swore he saw his life flash before his eyes.

      "Evelynn!" Kie cried out, scrambling from the back of the boat, and Pope followed her as she made it past him. The kids were scared shitless that Lynn got hit with the stray bullet, and nervousness crept in their stomachs.

      "Is she okay!?" John B questioned, glancing over his shoulder for merely a second before turning his attention back to the water. He couldn't stop the boat, not with a chance that somehow the bad guys would catch up to them.

      "Boo!"

      Lynn jumped up from her ball position as reached both her arms at JJ, Kie, and Pope as they were knelt down beside her. She bursted into laughter at the frightened expressions written on all of their faces, and she held her chest as she tried to recollect herself.

      "Oh my god, you guys should've seen your faces, it was like," Lynn teased, mimicking their scared expressions while still laughing.

      "Wow, I'm actually gonna kill you," Kie responded, huffing out some air as she then turned back around to John B.