Nineteen - The truth

Jungkook groaned lowly while shifting his body to the other side, the sound of his phone that was vibrating for non-stop on the nightstand had made him forced his heavy eyes to open. He reached for the phone and looked at the name that appeared on the screen. It was his fiancé, Hye-Joo.

He looked at the time on the wall and it was still morning. Hye-Joo had never given him such an early phone call. It made him get up from the bed and quickly answered the call.

"Hye-Joo?"

"Hello? Jungkook?"

"What's wrong?"

"Are you still sleeping?"

"Yeah...But I'm planning to wake up around this time too anyway."

"Oh, well I made you a soup last night but you fell asleep. Talk my ass, huh."

Jungkook lifted his brows at the said, "I- What? Fall asleep?"

"Yeah, you made me worried to death. Say thank you to your brother, he lifted you up and put you on the bed."

"Hye-Joo, hold on." He rubbed his face in perplexed, his brain was still in the progress on working functionally. "I know I was drunk. I'm sorry for wasting your time. I promise I will talk to you again later."

"Okay, um by the way. I call you because I want to ask you."

"Ask what?"

"Today, I'm planning to go out with Taehyung. Can I meet him?"

"Hm, for what?" his voice changed, already dislike with the request.

"Well, um... It's for the photography club! We want to buy some things related to it."

Jungkook hummed coldly, "At what time?"

"Maybe 3 or 4? I'll let you know once I go out."

"Okay. If you need to buy something, use the card I'd given to you. Don't use your money—"

"Whatever!!! I will use the card only when I needed it. Okay, got to go. Anyway, good morning~"

The lips that were pressed into a thin line seconds ago had now turned into a small smile by hearing at her cuteness. "Morning."

After the phone call had ended, Jungkook got his ass up off of the bed and went straight to grab his towel to freshen up, still not aware of what had happened yesterday.

***

Jungkook stepped out from his room as it was the time for him to have his breakfast in the late morning. He felt so fresh and clean, taking a shower almost reached 40 minutes, who wouldn't feel fresh? He ruffled his wet hair to make it into a messy look, too lazy to dry it and he even looks good in any type of hairstyle.

He strolled towards the stairs, passing by Jimin's room that saw the door closed. He glanced at the door and sighed, he started to feel that Jimin might not be coming back. Maybe, Jimin had run away because he believed of living with him must be hard for the boy to deal with his attitude. So, he decided to give up and tried to get rid of the empty feeling of losing a 'friend'.

He went straight to the stairs and was being greeted by the maid who was holding a tray of food in her hands. "Morning, Jungkook-ssi."

Jungkook nodded, "Morning. What are you doing?" he asked while eyeing the food, "I'll go eat downstairs."

"No, Jungkook-ssi. This isn't for you."

He raised his single brow, not getting the said. Then who else? He was the only one who got a room upstairs while his brother often staying in the office room downstairs. Who else it could be?