Fourty Two - It is a Confession

"Why are all the sausages so fucking expensive?" Jimin complained and sighed, taking a lot anyway, hugging them close to his chest alongside some other things he'd taken.

"My hands are almost full. Where the hell did he go?" He groaned quietly, his eyes darting around, looking for Jungkook, who was in charge of pushing the cart.

"Would you rather have vanilla or chocolate?"

A sudden voice from behind startled him. He immediately turned around and in an instant, his ears burned with blush. Jungkook was whispering to him so close that when he turned around, he was too stunned to move because the taller was so close to him.

"Y-Yeah?"

Jungkook wiggled his eyebrows while holding those ice creams in both hands. "Chocolate or Vanilla?"

Jimin took an awkward step to the back, biting his inner lips. "I'm not sure, maybe b-blueberry?"

"What?" Jungkook leaned forward, his brows furrowed, unable to understand what Jimin was saying. "Blueber—Did you say Blueberry? Do you want it? I don't think they have blueberry."

Jimin was so flustered that he knew Jungkook could see the scarlet on his cheeks. He then snatched the vanilla ice cream from the taller's grasp and tossed it into the cart, alongside other things. He immediately turned around and walked away, his face nearly exploding in embarrassment.

"I'm not a fan of blueberries. Let's go with chocolate," Jimin was already striding ahead of the boy.

"But that's vanilla. You took vanilla, New Face."
Jungkook let out a soft chuckle and shook his head.

Jimin has been acting shyly around him since they left the house. But after all, the boy was not in a position to be blamed after a lengthy conversation about feelings. Who wouldn't feel shy towards someone after a startling confession?

Flashback.

"Do you want to hear my story before we leave?"

"What story?" Jimin wiped his tears away and glanced at the latter with a confused face.

"Maybe a story about a young man who falls in love with a jackass?"

"Who? A jackass?" The wrinkle on his brow darkened in contour, feeling like the name was kind of familiar to him.

"I'm sure you can already tell who's the young man and who's the jackass," Jungkook said while applying a nervous smile. He realized he was getting dangerously close to the cliff.

He wasn't sure that he could face the reality if he told Jimin everything and Jimin just shoved him off the edge.

"Actually, I-I...yeah, feelings for you—No. That's not the right way to say it."

"Jungkook, I don't have much patience. Keep your breath steady and speak slowly in a language I can understand."

Jungkook nibbled on his lower lip, attempting to find his heartbeat rhythm. He was so nervous that he could feel the sweat on both of his hands.

Jimin's blazing eyes shot toward him and he felt like his world was about to split in two. He lowered his glance to his lap, avoiding eye contact with the latter.

"Well, they c–claimed my crush for you is obvious..?" What a lovely way to confess, fucking Jungkook. He grimaced at his own words, carefully peering up at Jimin's face while rubbing his nape awkwardly.

"They?" Jimin's eyes narrowed, "Who claimed you what?"

"My f-friends. Hoseok, Taehyung, and the others. I don't think I'd shown it too much because I hadn't really realized I had feelings for you—"