Fourty Four- Mysterious Guy

A week after.

They were both walking back from school. Jungkook and Jimin, walk back home together while walking so close to each other, shoulders colliding, trying to close the gap between them.

Jimin has changed. In Jungkook's eyes, Jimin has been gentle with him, revealing a glimpse of the future in which his high hopes for the boy have finally landed safely on the bright side. Jimin became more easily agitated by the day, as if he had feelings for Jungkook.

But this little guy refused to admit that the massive butterflies in his stomach were caused by Jungkook, or that the crimson painted on his cheeks every time the boy flirted with him.

He couldn't stop thinking about Hye-Joo.

However, it couldn't always be avoided. His heart had deceived his body. His heart knows what he wants, but his mind says otherwise.

Jimin's heart began to beat quicker and faster when they were close to each other after spending a week alone with Jungkook. Even when their skin brushed softly for a split second, his heart raced as if it would burst at any moment.

And the most noticeable change he noticed in himself was his body yearning for Jungkook's warmth when the boy wasn't around, and his eyes continued searching for the familiar figure to settle his discomfort.

Jimin felt safe and cozy when they stood near each other.

"Have you ever seen a couple walking down the street while holding hands?" Jungkook asked at random, his eyes fixed forward, his lips forming a small smirk.

Jimin nodded, also remained his gaze straight. "My parents."

"Your Mom and Dad?" Jungkook looked down at Jimin, who was smiling sweetly at him.

"Yeah. My father was fond of making fun of my mother. She despises it when my father shows affection in public. But my father persisted. When he got the chance, he grabbed my mother's hand and wouldn't it let go."

Through Jimin's heavy voice, Jungkook sensed the warmth. Even though he'd never met Jimin's parents, he could imagine the old man giggling and the old woman staring hard at the husband like a grumpy cat. He could tell Jimin's parents were quite lovely, unlike his own parents.

"I see," Jungkook said before abruptly stopped walking, bringing Jimin's steps to a halt as well.

"What's the matter?" Jimin asked, confused.

"Would you like to try?"

"Try what?"

Jungkook extended his hand with a gentle look and a warm smile, looking straight at the blushing boy next to him.

"W-What?"

"Do you want to feel the amount of butterflies that your parents had when their hands were intertwined?" Jungkook quickly took Jimin's hand and intertwined their fingers. "Like this?"

"H-Hey... What are you doing?"

"Can we walk with our hands like this all the time?" Jungkook unexpectedly asked, "I really want to hold your hands like...forever. I've been waiting for the right time, but my patience has worn thin." he confessed, shamelessly.

And Jimin blushed for a hundred times.

He doesn't count, but he knew he'd passed the end of his single era when he felt his hot blood streaming through his body every time his pulse beat rapidly at Jungkook's flirty behaviours.

His blushing was a type of blooming, the kind of pink that conjures up images of champagne flowers, a kind of blushing that reveals the soul, a tribute to the eyes, it proves a genuine one, that the smile and shyness arise from some deep emotion.