Thirty Seven - Mission

"Does it hurt?" Jungkook opened the door of the boy's restroom for Jimin to enter, and Jimin walked straight to the sink to wash his face.

"Yeah, a little," Jimin replied flatly.

Jungkook let out a loud sigh as his rage was swirling within thin patience over Ha-Joon. "If I know that they did this to you, I'll break their bones right there on the spot." Jungkook flared up.

***

Flashback.

As soon as Jungkook had settled with Ha-Joon and they had left the cafe, he turned around and get himself off from the table first before holding out his hand to help Jimin to step down.

That was when he actually realized that Jimin's shirt and pants were a bit ruined. It seems like a tray of food was thrown at him. It had gripped Jungkook to look at Jimin in surprise.

"What happened to your shirt, New Face?" He asked and his eyes which had become soft a moment ago, darkening once again.

Jimin only shook his head and thanked Jungkook for saving him. Then he hurriedly walked away straight towards the exit, and Jungkook didn't miss an opportunity to chase the boy down from behind with his restless thumping heart.

***

"You're going to shatter their bones?" Jimin chuckled cutely and shook his head. "It's all right, Jungkook."

"No, it's not fine." Jungkook approached Jimin and grabbed the boy's shoulder slowly to have the elder turn around and face him. "It's not fine. This isn't acceptable in the least." He said it in the gentlest voice he'd ever used. "Listen to me. They bullied you, humiliated you, and, worst of all, they hurt you."

Jimin sighed before nodding. He locked his gaze on Jungkook and flashed a soft smile. "Jungkook, I know. That's something I'm well aware of. But I can't do anything. I'm too weak to fight them. I'm hopeless. If you hadn't intervened and stood up for me, I'd have bruises all over my body right now. So that's why I said it's fine. It had only slightly burned my skin, so it wasn't too bad."

"Burned?" Jungkook let out a long sigh. "New Face, why didn't you tell me about it? Oh, my God."

"For what? There's nothing we can do at this point."

Jungkook looked at Jimin, his chest tightened with frustration."There will always be a solution when you're with me. So, the next time something bad happens to you while you're out of my sight, please tell me right away."

He didn't say anything else after that. He took Jimin's hand in his and dragged him out of the restroom and straight to the infirmary on the first floor.

"Jungkook, where are we going?" Jimin tried his hardest to keep up with the boy's giant stride. Although it was difficult for him to catch up, he didn't complain because he knew Jungkook was extremely upset on the inside.

"You said that they burned your skin. Let's treat the scar as soon as possible. Just show me the way to the infirmary or whatever is that place called."

Jimin bites his lower lip while innocently blinking. He had no idea why, but he was deeply moved by what the taller had done to him on that day.

Even though the boy could be annoying as fuck at times, another side of him had successfully instilled a little ball of trust in Jimin's heart.

"Okay. This way."

***

Jungkook told Jimin to sit on the bed while waiting for him to get an ointment from them. He requested to look after Jimin, which they'd agreed to after he won their hearts with only a single wink.