Eighteen - The old self

Jimin quickly gets off of the car without even waiting for the car to stop, eyes that were covered with tears couldn't give him a clear vision to find his way to the counter. His knees felt so weak that he can't even run properly. He couldn't believe what had just happened, he lost his two beloved parents out of sudden without he can get himself together to face it.

He reached the counter and desperately tried to stop from crying to mutter his parents' name. But gladly, the man before who was the one on the phone with him was there, running after him after found parking.

The man was actually a cop and happened to be a very good man with a good heart. If it wasn't because of him found Mr. Park's phone in the car when he helped to solve the case, Jimin might not be able to know about it until night.

After being told about the way to look for his parents, Jimin's tears began to fall down uncontrollably. He can't calm down, who can be? When you lost someone that means the world to you. It's impossible to accept it just like that. Everything happened so fast.

Soon when Jimin had done seeing his both parents, he sobbed as if his brain was being shredded from the inside. His emotions couldn't be control anymore and it flowed out of his every pore. He cried so hard that even the eyes of the strangers around him were suddenly wet with tears. He breathed heavier than he ever had before, gasping for air that simply wasn't there.

"Jimin," the cop named DaeHyun tried to hold the boy's back, to calm him down even as he can feel his own tears fell thick by seeing how miserable the young boy in front of him.

"W-What happened?" Jimin finally asked, not like he can't ask about it before but he just couldn't talk properly when he was crying so hard, thinking about his parents' smile he knows that he can no longer see it.

DaeHyun pulled Jimin into a hug and let the boy cried on his shoulder. It really had torn his heart by seeing how puffy Jimin's eyes were. It made him have a slight flashback of himself who had lost his mother also at such a young age, so he knew how painful the loss was to Jimin.

"Your parents had almost killed someone by hitting her with the car but they managed to stop the car before it happened. Then, a witness said your father was picking up her stuff in the middle of the road, and he didn't realize a car was coming to his way." Explained DaeHyun in such a very gentle voice. "Your father froze at his place and your mother came to rescue him but it turned out they both couldn't get the chance to run away."

"It w-was hit and runs right?" Jimin asked as he remembered what he had heard DaeHyun was talking about on the phone earlier.

"Yeah, and we're looking for the vehicle right now. Don't worry, we will try our best to—"

"C-Can you promise me?"

"Yeah?"

"Please catch them...A-And put them in jail..." A wave of sadness had once again seduced Jimin to make the boy cried hard and DaeHyun didn't stop from soothing his back to help him feel a lil better even he knew it won't help that much.

"Jimin, I'll send you home okay? It's already late. Have a better rest, we will talk again tomorrow."

"B-But..." Jimin looked up to the cop with trembling lips, furrowing his forehead as he was trying his best to hold the sobbing, "I-I don't have anyone at home anymore... There's no one going to greet me, I am all alone for the first time... I-I hate this! How can they leave me on my b-birthday?"

"Shh, I'm sorry." DaeHyun pulled Jimin into a tight hug once again as the boy seems so depressed. He didn't know what to say, all he can do right now was giving a comforting hug and tried his best to make the younger feel better. "Okay, Jimin. I promise you that I'll catch that bastard."