Ten - Pain

Jungkook and Jimin were in the car on their way back home, sitting far away from each other where Jungkook was on the right and Jimin was on the left, with their bags were placed in the middle of the seat, to separate them.

     Jimin was gazing up at the sky through the window, massaging his own hand which had a slightly burned on it. His mind was flooded with thoughts, almost suffocating him and making him feel trapped over it.

     He kept on thinking, where he was right now and when he will be able to return to reality, to the real world?

     Everything around him seems actual.

     Everything that happened feels alive.

     He didn't know what will happen next and he was afraid if he will be permanently trapped in this Webtoon planet. What will happen in the real world once the word that he has gone missing goes out? How will his parents react? Will his mother be alright and calm about it? What if his father throws away his iPad?

     He silently gazed at individuals who were driving their cars, riding bikes, cycling, and walking peacefully throughout the streets. It consistently makes him sometimes forget that he wasn't in the real world, despite his worry about finding a solution to it.

     His mind was shadowed with anxious and worried. How much longer does he have to survive in this strange place, surrounded by unfamiliar people? Returning to reality now seems impossible for him.

     "What's with that long face?" The boy next to him raised a question, his gaze slowly traveled down to Jimin's soft and unfortunate hand which was painted with a burn scar. His blood was boiling every time he remembered that idiot, SangHoon's face. "How's your hand?"

   Jimin focused his attention on the boy next to him. When he realised his hand was on the subject, he looked down and felt a surge of rage, shaking his head. Even if his hand was alright, his heart was scarred by the rage he had harboured for so long. Was that taken into account that he was fine? Physically? Mentally?

      "Why bother to ask now? You should have helped me from the beginning."

     Jungkook sighed, "It's not like I don't want to. I didn't get the chance to help."

      "It's okay, Taehyung already did it for me."

     Jungkook raised an eyebrow in response to his friend's name. "Taehyung?"

     "Yeah. Those punks came to me earlier and apologised. They didn't seemed to mean it since that jerk hit me in the face. But I don't want to think about it anymore. I suppose they were afraid of Taehyung, which explained to why they came to me and did that." Jimin spoke without looking at Jungkook, who was already smiling slightly.

     "That is good. You don't have to worry anymore since Taehyung has already thought of you as his friend."

      "Friend?" Jimin looked at Jungkook, bewildered, "What was that mean?"

     Jungkook grinned as he rested his head on the back, crossed his arms across his chest, and closed his eyes. "That's Kim Taehyung. He'll do everything to protect his pals. But you have to be careful."

      "Careful? Why?"

"Because he's nuts and violent when he's enraged. Never upset him and cause him to lose control. Nobody can stop him after that.

"Ah, but why did he—"

"That's it. I'd want to take a brief nap. Don't talk to me."

Jimin sneered at the boy and raised a middle finger at the main character. "I would be happy if you didn't open your eyes anymore."