Seventeen - Lost the loved one

"You're slowly changing like the old you. Is it because of the same reason?"

The flat voice that was owned by Jeon's eldest son packed in Jungkook's head once again for the entire time that has made him feel worse than ever. He couldn't get the phrases out from his head. It was like a trigger for him to remember his past where he had tried so hard to forget about it before. But his brother had ruined everything. It leads him to have a hard time dealing with it, trying to get rid of the bitter memories again out from his memory box.

A low sigh left from his mouth and followed by a groan while rubbing his face with his palms in a feeling of distress before grasped a bottle of soju in front of him and poured it into the small glass.

"Shit, I need to stay sober." He felt bothered about himself that he might get drunk. Yet, he still took a gulp of the drink down his throat.

He shook his head a little, not wanting to get drunk as he was going to meet his fiancé and talk about something. He can't be drunk, or else the thing he wanted to say later might be different from what he had planned beforehand. And he knew, if he's drunk, he'll say anything that came out straight from his heart and he may not be aware of what was he going to say.

More ticks went past and Jungkook was now starting to get a slight drunk. He can't control himself as the more he thinks about it, the more he feels wanted to get drunk. At the same time, he was pissed as he has been waiting almost an hour for Hye-Joo to arrive. It was already beyond the time they had promised to meet.

Jungkook took one more shot of glass, the liquor swiftly whirled and slipping into his throat, making him hissed at the burning sensation inside of him. And it was also the time where Hye-Joo finally showed up, plastering a worried look on her face by seeing her fiancé on such state.

"Jungkook?" She took a seat in front of him and snatched the bottle out from the boy's hand, making Jungkook's eyes finally gazed up from looking at the empty cup and glanced at her.

"Oh? You're here..." Jungkook grinned broadly, appeared in a very drunk state. His cheeks were red and eyes were as if they will be closed at any time. "You're so lat-late. You know that Hye-Joo?"

"Jungkook, what happened?" She worriedly asked, arranging the empty bottles at the side of their table to make herself some space to talk to Jungkook.

"Give me that," Jungkook tried to reach one of the bottles but his hand got slapped away by Hye-Joo. "Uh? Wae?!"

"Enough with drinking." She raised her hand to the owner of the small store with a smile and called for her attention. "Excuse me?  Ommoni, where can I put all of these bottles?"

"Ohh, Hye-Joo-yah it's okay. I'll put them away for you." The old woman replied to her in a very friendly way and already stepping towards her to take the bottles out from the table.

"Huh? Ommoni~" Jungkook grabbed the owner's shirt and whined lowly "Give me another soju please..."

"Yah! I said enough." She glared at Jungkook before turned her gaze back to the old woman. "Sorry, don't mind him," she said and rose up from her place and hurriedly went to Jungkook's side, gently pulled Jungkook's hand off of the owner's shirt and not forget to bow in apologies.

The old woman clicked her tongue while shaking her head, eyeing Jungkook that was looking wasted at the moment. "Hye-Joo-yah, can you bring him home?"

"Yeah?"

"You both are still a minor and he's drunk right now. I don't want to get into trouble again like before," the old woman said, trying to bring back the memories when she got into a hard time to deal with the situation when someone had reported to the police because of Jungkook and Hye-Joo who were drunk at the time.