Thirty-Eight - Truth Revealed

(It must be heaven if we could turn back time to the good old days...) 🖕🏼☺️🖕🏼

•••

Even after a few days had passed, people were still walking in front of Park's family house with a melancholy feeling—the father of the family was such a lovely and hilarious person, which had left a tremendous wound on the neighbors' hearts.

Without a family to protect, the house appeared dreary and lonely in everyone's eyes. Since the incident, everyone assumed Jimin, the family's only son, had fled the house since they hadn't seen the boy around town.

However, the rumors rapidly spread within a day. The neighbors were aware that Jimin had returned and had gone to school.

Because of that, Jimin's energy was severely depleted.

On that night, Jungkook waited for Jimin in the living room while Jimin was busy meeting with his parent's friends, asking about his current health and situation. He was well aware that they were all concerned about him and that he should be grateful for it.

But his mind took off impulsively and drifted somewhere else.

Jungkook was biting his nails, bored and unsure of what to do while waiting. He wondered what they were talking about until the sun was no longer present.

He was bored and missed the boy's menacing glare. Just as he was going to jump up to go check on Jimin outside, the latter returned and shut the door hard, looking fatigued.

"You okay?" Jungkook approached, concerned.

Jimin nodded, then sighed loudly. "Mentally, I'm worn out. I had no idea my parents had so many friends. My tongue almost went numb for thanking them, my eyes almost went blind from seeing them crying over the dead people, and my ears almost swelled from hearing them say nice things about my parents. I'm so...irritated."

Jungkook cast a silent glance at the boy. He can see the look in Jimin's eyes. The boy was truly emotionally shattered. He knew Jimin was trying so hard not to cry, and it devastated him to see it.

"Oh, I see..." Jungkook bit his lower lip and nodded slowly as he approached the elder. "Then I think you should just go to bed," he added, taking the boy's hand in his and gently dragging him towards Jimin's bedroom.

"But Jungkook." Jimin stopped the younger from leaving soon as they entered the room, his face solemn, which confused Jungkook.

"Yeah? What's wrong? You need something?"

Jimin shook his head. "I just think of something. Can we talk for a moment?"

"Talk?" Jungkook's brows furrowed. "About what?"

"Everything. Remember what I said? I was going to tell you everything during the school break, but we didn't get the chance. So, how about right now? Can we?"

Jungkook smirked. "Of course. That's what I've been waiting for you to say."

"Okay." Jimin turned around and went to grab his iPad placed on the table before quietly heading towards his bed and seated on it, followed by Jungkook as the boy sat down next to him.

Jimin turned on his iPad and immediately went to the Webtoon apps. "Okay, Jungkook." he took a deep breath and fixed his gaze on the latter, dumbfounded.

He really didn't know what to say or how to explain anything. "I don't care if you don't believe me. But believe me when I say this is true. Even I couldn't believe it at first, but it's real."

Jungkook's brow furrowed slightly and he chuckled nervously. "Okay, go ahead. Take your time."

Jimin mentally counted to ten before finally starting, arranging the perfect words to put in a sentence that Jungkook could easily understand.