Twenty-Nine - A Ball of Guilt

(Sorry, this is all I have time to write for this time update. Sorry if there is something lacking. This week has been extremely hectic at the office. I'll try to find some time to update.)

***

Jungkook groaned softly as he slid out of bed, and landed on the cold floor with his two feet

Jungkook groaned softly as he slid out of bed, and landed on the cold floor with his two feet. His entire body shivered as he walked towards the door wearing only his pants without a t-shirt.

He opened the door and greeted the person with a huge pout sandwiched between his distressed expression. "Finally, you're here~ Why is it so hard for you to come?"

"Are you okay?" The girl asked as soon as their gazes met. Not going to lie, she was a bit worried when Jungkook called her, whining for her to come in his vulnerable voice.

Jungkook only shook his head and reached out to grab the girl's hand and pulled her inside his room before closing the door behind them.

"Wait!" Her eyes bulging from their sockets as she began to panic. "Jungkook! What are you doing?"

"Ah~" Jungkook sniveled and drew her into his arms, hiding his face in the crook of her neck. "Do you think you can stay here tonight?"

"What?" Hye-Joo gently broke the hug and slightly pushed Jungkook away from her so that she could examine the boy's face carefully. "Stay here?" she asked, and Jungkook immediately nodded.

"Just for tonight."

She laughed and shook her head as she stroked Jungkook's wet hair away to the back that was covering the boy's lovely eyes. "We can't, silly. If the teacher caught us, we'll be in big trouble."

"They won't know about it," Jungkook said, his eyes narrowing.

"We still can't." Hye-Joo poked her tongue out while giggling cutely. "Let go of me. You're hugging me too tightly!"

"Hye-Joo~ Please."

She burst out laughing even more when Jungkook tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear and cocked his head back at the crook of her neck. "Seriously, what is wrong with you?"

Jungkook drew her body closer to him, acting like a child, and she realized right away that Jungkook desperately needed someone to be with him that night. Something hasn't changed, thought her.

At the same time, she noticed Jungkook's hair was wet, his body was hot, he had droopy eyelids, and he somehow looked tired. It was written all over his face that he was still not feeling well. Jungkook returned to his old self, becoming clingy to someone whenever he wasn't in a good shape.

Of course, Hye-Joo was aware of this since she was the person who took care of Jungkook, the moment the boy was in a deep depression when his ex-death boyfriend's was still haunting him. Hye-Joo had seen every side of him that no one had expected him to have.