⚜️Chapitre dix-sept⚜️

Start from the beginning

Envy didn't fret. He saw no danger in my situation and thus, stood rooted to his place,
watching me get kidnapped.

As I was getting dragged away, I passed through more posh and gold-plated hallways with numerous ebony wooden doors on every side. That proud man surely had fortunes raining on him and yet, he desired another 'possession' that belonged to someone else from his understanding... Very deplorable and sad for us Virtues.

"Ow! I'm a lady, you bulls," I yelped when the men hurled me into a darker room with rich chocolate and gold walls and chairs of all colors spread throughout.

They wordlessly shut the door and locked it with a click as I rubbed my arms to alleviate the dull pain while glaring at the ebony wood. When I turned around, a squeak left my lips upon seeing a certain green haired man lounging on a hot pink cushiony chair in the middle of the room.

"You almost gave me a heart attack," I whispered breathlessly, holding my chest.

"Why is there no window in here?" He thought out loud, looking at the lamps and chandelier that were the only source of light, illuminating the small room. "A normal person would never be able to escape from here, huh? Maybe this is the special kidnapping place of that guy."

I scrunched my nose, frowning. "Maybe I should make him ill..."

Envy gave me a lazy grin, looking incredibly attractive for some reason. "There's nothing kind about that, Miss Kindness. You should allow me to scare him shitless by changing into the person he fears the most."

I rolled my eyes before teleporting. "Whatever. I'm leaving this place. I wanna go skydiving."

"Wait for me!"

•───────────⋅⚜️⋅───────────•

Confined in an endless expanse of darkness bedecked with ravishing city lights and lusters of life, I let out a sigh while watching the yellow flashes of cars draw long strings of lines on the highways below me. Hours had flown by as I sat on top of the skyscraper, wallowing in the serenity of the night and the reverie of my mind.

Time was passing slowly.

Time was passing fast.

Time was always passing by and I was trying to feel its movement through my existence.

People would change as their life and the time walk together, hand in hand. Whether that change would make things better or worse depended on me... a Virtue who had her flaws but was somehow able to suppress them in heaven.

As I started experiencing life once again after so long... I became unsure of how possible it was to live a life full of virtues. Sins were definitely forbidden, but a human could hardly live a perfect life without desiring something he or she didn't have.

"Penny for your thoughts?" A deep voice murmured from beside me.

"If I were fully human, do you think I'd ask for a dollar instead?"

"Then you'd be a greedy human," Envy snickered. "But you're a Virtue, aren't you?"

There was nothing wrong with wanting more or wanting something you didn't have. It would only become wrong when it's excessive and harms people, including you.

"There's greed, envy, pride and stuff in everyone to a certain amount," I mused in whispers, swinging my legs. "A certain amount that propels them to be a better human."

Silence immersed us in and let my words hang in the air to mingle with the serenade of the velvet night.

"Are you afraid of death?"

Envy must be looking at me incredulously since his tone sounded higher than normal. "You said we won't die."

"Yeah... but are you?" I turned to lock eyes with his shimmering ones that looked more alive in the melody of the vibrant lights of the city before looking away with a small smile. "I am... The thought of endings that might come lingers at the back of my head... And I'm sure everyone feels this."

Envy stayed quiet and I could feel his eyes on me as I continued letting out the haunting thoughts that suffocated me for the past few months. I didn't know why I was seeking consolation in my enemy and I also didn't understand why he was listening to me in silence, not arguing one bit, but at that late hour, I was vulnerable and restless, in need of an outlet of some sort.

"The view is so pretty," I whispered, watching the now blurred lights. "It's so pretty but why is it so sad?"

The blurs cleared out a little when warm tears slid down my cheeks and I quickly rubbed them but wasn't able to stop them from overflowing and spilling out.

"It's snowing," Envy suddenly gasped and I looked up to see small snowflakes falling from the dark sky.

"Isn't it nearly summer?"

He shrugged and extended his arm to catch some on his palm.

"Life is full of surprises, Seoyun..."

┗━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻♔༺━━━━━━┛

Les larmes d'un ange deviennent des flocons de neige et tombent sur nous au printemps...