46(21)

"Wow Padema, you made Mad Dog sound like a really scary player. He doesn't seem that good." Yachi tells me positively, but her smile drops once she sees my expression hasn't changed.

"That set was for Kindaichi, but he took it anyways. It may have been out, but that doesn't change the fact that he is dangerous. More importantly, he's wild. Not something you see often from Seijoh, he likes to play his way." I explain to her.

"He's dangerous, but he sure is stupid." Takinoue gets a laugh out of Shimada.

"Exactly, like who robs the set, just to hit it out, on set point? Oh look at that, he's int he starting line up now too. Interesting." Shimada has all of us looking down at the court.

He isn't some type of pinch hitter, he's just a rusty weapon.

The second set already started off with two missed serves.

One from Asahi and surprisingly, one from Oikawa.

They're both so focused on strength, they can't even control the ball to stay in the court.

Tsuki, finally gets a safe net ball serve over, but Iwaizumi was able to cleanly pick it up. Oikawa sets it to the right, for what seems like Mad Dog's set.

"Hang on. What's he doing?" Shimada questions. "Look at where he's approaching the net."

I look down and see him running from the right side. As if he's going to spike the ball, right back at Oikawa...which would be amazing.

He jumps up and hits an insane, cut shot, past the triple block.

"Whoa! That was a crazy cut shot!" Takinoue exclaims.

It was in fact crazy, how clean it was. I'd love to learn how to hit like that, one day.

After 3 devastating points, made by Mad Dog, I've noticed the change. Ever since he subbed in, Seijoh's rhythm changed.

We only got our point back, because of a bad serve from Iwaizumi. Which meant, Kageyama was up to serve.

They pick up the serve and Oikawa was about to hand it to Mad Dog once again. But, this time he gives it to potato head, which hit a broad jump.

From up here, I can tell Mad Dog wasn't too happy about being the decoy.

That can only make matters, worst.

Potato head serves the ball over and Noya sends a clean receive back to Kageyama. He throws a quick attack at Hinata and they hit it down.

But, Seijoh was able to pick it back up. The receive wasn't as clean so Oikawa had to let someone else take the set. Mad Dog jumps up against a triple block and for some reason, he swings still.

"Wow, he just went for a full swing on that triple block." Takinoue states.

He should have done a fake out or something, he must not use his head as much.

It's hard to believe that this is just the start of the second set, and things have gotten more intense with Mad Dog in the game.

I don't like it.

"It's that shot he hits from the side again!" Big Sis points out after Oikawa sets the ball to Mad Dog.

He jumps up for the cut shot, against a triple block. But, once he swings, the ball goes into the net.

A sigh of relieve comes out from all of us.

"We've been saved."

"They were going up against a triple block and they decided to go at it with a hard hit. A move like that, doesn't come without it's risks." Shimada explains.

The cut shots from Mad Dog makes me think of Bokuto.

That man could cut through any angle, I'd like for Bokuto to see this guy play. He'd get a laugh out of it for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suga subs in for Tsuki, which seems at the time appropriate since he'll be in the back row, where Tsuki doesn't shine as well.

After that nasty serve from Oikawa, and the points Seijoh have been racking up, Suga seemed at best.

He serves the ball over and brings Mad Dog to his knees to receive. Which is perfect, he won't be able to attack.

"You see that? At this rate, number 16 will be late to attack!" Shimada says my thought out loud.

Oikawa sets it to potato head but Suga picks up the hit. Kageyama and Hinata delivers a quick and the block goes out of bounds.

The four next to me cheer, extremely loud into my ear.

"A side-out!"

Suga goes up to serve again and is able to bring Mad Dog down for the receive once more. My brother picks up an attack from Seijoh, then Suga and Kageyama do the switch.

I grin to myself, knowing what's coming next.

Suga sets the ball to Kageyama and he hands them a clean line shot.

I applaud for him, but deep down, I'm so damn angry with how perfect his line shots are.

"Wow! The thing they just did, was called a two-setter!" Yachi shouts after reading her pamphlet.

"Agh, more of your crazy technical terms." Big Sis complains. "So then...That makes it a tactical-one two-setter! That right?"

"Kinda long." Shimada answers.

Pretty impressive for a girl who doesn't even play.

Seijoh calls for a time out which makes us feel even better.

"This is a well timed substitution. Just might work." Takinoue comments.

"Yeah, I guess a third year would be really good at receiving, huh?" Big Sis wonders.

Have you not seen my brother and Asahi, the other two third years on the team?

While Shimada broke down the rotation strategies for them, I kept looking at Mad Dog. He still has that pissed off face he's had from the beginning.

It's difficult to read this dude, which is what makes him even more scarier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second set was all too fast for me to even comprehend.

Point after point, Seijoh was climbing to set point all too quickly. We still have the chance to reach it before they do, but they have the upper hand.

Everyone was playing at their best, everyone. But even at your best, there is always someone better.

I get a feel from Tadashi's aura.

I look down at him and see how badly he's eyeballing coach right now. I couldn't keep myself from laughing.

"What's funny?" Shimada asks me.

I'm glad you asked.

"Nothing, just getting ready for a certain someone's jump float to come around."