2

"Welcome all to Karasuno's Women's Volleyball Club! I'm your captain, Yui Michimiya." Our captain seemed extremely chippy. That's what Dachi told me about, they're good friends. They went to middle school together. "I'm so glad to meet our new recruits, um, looks like there's only one. Padema Sawamura."

I raise my hand when she called my name. She gives me a great big smile, which kind of frightens me.

"You're Dachi's sister right? He told me you were coming here. We went to middle school together at Izumitate."

"Oh, yeah I know." I quietly say.

I can tell she noticed that I'm not as outgoing as Daichi, from the fact that my resting face hasn't changed ever since I entered the gymnasium.

"Well what do you play?" She backed up and gave me some space. "I play wing spiker."

"Um." I tried to think what I played, but middle school was played as a joke. I didn't have a position. "I don't know."

Some girls gasped and were wide eyed. I slightly roll my eyes, can't wait to see how this team is.

"Well, let's get to some practice and we can see what your specialty is." Captain was really positive, I could already tell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked up to our captain and tapped her shoulder. "Daichi wanted me to go to his gym after practice."

"Oh, I was planning on taking the team out for ice cream once we finished cleaning up." she tells me.

She sadly doesn't know, I don't ever eat out with other people that isn't family.

"I'll have to pass." I grab my bag and start to leave the gym. I hear her shout a goodbye, but I put my headphones on already and block all sounds out.

The walk to the other gym wasn't too long.

I doubt they're done practicing though, Daichi tells me they enjoy practicing usually.

Like I expected, I see the a ball float in the air when looking at the window, they're still going. But before I get to the door, I see the two other first years on the steps.

"Huh?" I take my headphones off and they notice me.

Hinata gets frazzled and basically hides behind Kageyama. He pushes him off and gives his attention back to me.

He has scary, but nice eyes.

"You went to Kitagawa?" Kageyama asks. I nod as a response. "Did you play volleyball there?"

I nod once again.

"What did you play?" His questions continue.

I shrug at him, which makes him get confused.

"What? You didn't know what you played?" Hinata finally spoke, but damn what's with all the questions.

"Volleyball in middle school was a joke." My statement made both of the boys gasp.

"It is not!" Hinata tries to defend.

"For girls. It was. We weren't even given positions." I explain to them.

Kageyama looked most confused.

"I played as a spiker. Like I will here! As the ace! Kageyama played as a setter. Even given the nickname, King of the Court- ow!" Hinata was cut off by a very flustered Kageyama smakcing his head.

"I told you not to call me that you jackass!" Steam coming out of his head.

"Your majesty." I did mini fake curtsy and walked into the gym. I hear Kageyama trying to hold it in while Hinata laughs.