4

The past several days I could tell Hinata and Kageyama have been training extra hard. I see them in the classes we have together, always sleeping.

Kageyama and I started to go to the vending machine together and watch Hinata practice.

At least I did, he just peaked.

"Why do you think he practices so much?" Kageyama asks me. He moved his seat next to mine today, so I could tell he's trying to get better with friends. I give him and shrug and continue to review the notes. "Well, don't you think he's overworking himself?"

I shrug again and highlight some important parts.

I see Kageyama trying to continue a conversation but, not knowing how. I decide to help him out and close my notebook.

"I suppose he is just trying to get better."

"Well- I mean, I guess. But if you practice and not adapt what you have to learn, then it's unnecessary." He tells me.

"Well Kageyama, some people have their own tactics in learning." I look at him and he goes silent. "You're bad at this."

I turn back around when he goes white.

"Bad at what?"

"Keeping a conversation." I say. He goes slightly red.

"I am not!" He fights back.

The bell rings and the teacher walks in, cutting our conversation short.

I stay quiet, to see what Kageyama has to say, but he stays frozen.

I slightly give him a victory chuckle and his head starts steaming.

"That look doesn't look good on you Kageyama."

"Oh shut up!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh hey, Padema." Captain greets me when I walk into the gym. I give her a small wave and place my stuff down and start to stretch. "Today, we'll hopefully see what your specialty is. But, to be quite honest, so far you've excelled in all the areas we've explored. Especially receiving. Might just put you as Libero."

I give her a subtly but, small smile.

Libero doesn't sound too bad. I'll have the most contact with the ball, but also a lot of responsibility.

"All right ladies, 2 laps then we'll start up with some serves!" Captain announced.

We do our laps and then run to the basket filled with volleyballs.

I take mine to one side of the court, but Captain calls me over.

"Instead of serving, I want you to receive them. Give me one sec." She takes her hand off my shoulder and takes a step out. "Ladies! I want all of you to serve on the left side. Padema here will practicing receiving for a little bit. Call it when it's your ball."

I step on the right side of the net and get in position.

"Mine!" Mao shouts from the left side.

She tosses it up and I could tell her hand is slightly more to the right side so it would go more left. I stand up directly and bend my arms up, signaling it was out.

"Damnit!"

"Don't worry Mao, you'll have the next one." Captain tells her.

How is she always so positive?

"My ball!" Akari calls.

She has one hell of an arm from what I've seen.

She throws up the ball but, she hits it right at eye level, before the ball could even go up. It darts at the top of the net. I quickly run and jump to the front line, digging for the ball.