34(9)

"Paddy-poo, what's up little one." Bokuto greets me after walking into the gym.

I give the boys a little wave as they enter.

I stop with my wall drills and walk over to them. Tsuki even came over, all on his own.

"That nickname is so disgusting." I tell him.

He started calling me that ever since he came up with 'Tsuki-poo' for Tsukishima.

We hate them.

"Is all you do practice while we play?" Tsuki asks me.

I nod at him after doing another serve, I can tell he wants to ask more of it but stops himself.

We go through some basic blocking and hitting drills like usual, then Bokuto had a brilliant idea, I say sarcastically, that we should all switch positions.

It's stupid, yet he somehow convinced all of us.

I went to the setter's position, Bokuto played a blocker with Akaashi, Tsuki and Kuroo played spikers, but they're not new to that.

"All right Padema, set me up a good one." Kuroo tells me and he tosses the ball to me.

I know from watching them, Kuroo and Tsuki hit best with similar sets, but Kuroo likes his hits with a high set.

I gave the ball a little toss with a flick and it flew upwards and slightly out. Kuroo runs in and hits it.

Akaashi somehow got the block on it too.

"Woah! That's some blocking for ya!" Bokuto hyped up his setter and gave him a nice slap to the back.

Tsuki tosses me a ball and I gave him the same set I gave Kuroo but slightly more gentle.

He quickly hits it and gets it past Akaashi's hands in the little gap between them.

"Hey, I'm a blocker now too you know!" Bokuto whines.

"It was your idea to switch positions, suck it up." Akaashi tells him.

I go fetch the ball with Kuroo before I could hear Bokuto's stupid response.

"Oh, Tsuki, you brought a friend today?" Bokuto asks him.

"What?" Tsuki and I both look back at the door and see a shocked Hinata. "What happened to your favorite partner?"

"Uh, Kageyama is working out by himself." Hinata tells us. Kuroo gives me a little nudge once he brought up his name. I roll my eyes at him and walk over. "I got Kenma to serve for me, but he crapped out after 5 balls."

"It's already amazing enough that Kenma even stuck around that long." Kuroo tells him.

Hinata notices me and his eyes widen.

"Padema! You play with them too?!" He seemed so shock for no reason.

I slowly nod my head to him.

"Yep this little princess knows how to play!" Bokuto wraps his arm around me and starts messing with my hair.

While I try to fight him off, Hinata continues.

"Anyways..." He seemed to have his sentence joined by someone else running to the door.

"Please let me join you!" We look to his left and see Lev asking too.

"Hey Lev, weren't you practicing your receives earlier with Yaku?" Kuroo asks him.

"Yeah, I was doing really well with my drills today so he decided to let me go early." Lev is a horrible liar.

"Really? You didn't run away from him did you" Kuroo asks him once more, still not convinced.

"No! Of course not!" This idiot kept lying

"Well, all right. Okay. Since we have the right number of people, let's play a 3-on-3." Kuroo suggesting that plan seemed to reallt make Bokuto and Hinata happy.

I was even released from my headlock.

Everyone seemed to look at me, since I was the odd one out. I sighed and walked over to the score keeping stand.

Don't worry, I'll keep track of the points." I tell them.

"Thanks Paddy-poo! I'll treat you sometime!" Bokuto gives me the thumbs up and I give him a sarcastic smile.

They got into their teams and gave me the names, Owls vs. Cats to write down.

Sadly, the game only lasted a few points until Yukie and Kaori, managers for Fukurodani, came in and reminded us about dinner. The boys rushed out with an appetite, with Akaashi and I slowly following in the back.

While we walked I heard some shoes squeaking against the floor in gymnasium 2.

It would be him.

"I'll see you later." I tell them and then head over to the gym.

I started remembering what Kuroo said to me yesterday.

Once I enter the gym, I see Kageyama practicing with Yachi.

My presence seemed to have caught their eyes. He looked away like it was nothing.

"Oh hey Padema. Want to take over?" Yachi asks me.

"Kageyama." I say. He looked at me and for some reason I could sense some hurt through his eyes.

His stupid blue eyes.

"Yachi, we can go now if you want." He ignores me and get's ready for a set.

Yachi look slightly uncomfortable.

"Uh oka-" I cut of Yachi before she even could even throw the ball.

"I'm sorry okay!" I tell him. Not only did it surprise them, it surprised me too. "Look, it was wrong for me to ask him in the first place, but you're overreacting. It's not something to ignore that Oikawa is better at serving than you. I asked him for help only because, becaus-"

I could hardly bring myself to saying it.

"Because what huh? Because you don't think I can teach you that well? Because he's so good looking?" Kageyama really pushed my buttons.

"Because I was jealous!" I shouted. He was startled from that, only because he understands. "I wanted to be able to serve like that. I wanted to make sure I could perfect my serves for I can never let my team down. We didn't even make it past the first day! I had no other choices. I'm sorry."

I ended my scene and left the gym.

I had to walk with my head up, some tears were so close to dropping from my eyes.

"Padema." I heard his voice, so I turned around and was forced to face him.

"Yep?" I tried to respond in my normal voice, but instead it breaks.

"I'm not mad." I looked at him, surprised from what he just said. "I was scared. I didn't want to lose you to Oikawa. I couldn't lose to him again."

"Oh." I try to quickly wipe a small tear that fell.

"Especially the most important thing in my life right now." He took his eyes off from the floor and weirdly looked into mine. "Which is, you."