20

Kageyama shows his strength through a serve, that was clearly out.

Makes me feel slightly good about my serve for a second.

Then I see Oikawa's serve. Damn, they're so good.

He tosses the ball up and hits it directly at Noya. But, even with that slight curve int he ball, Noya received it like it was nothing.

Kageyama throws potato head off with a look on where he was going to set it, then Kageyama and Hinata show their quick attack and gain themselves a point.

"Did you see that? Over on the right?" Shimada says.

"Uh-huh. Reminds me of how Nekoma's setter could throw people off with a look." Takinoue replies.

This sneaky prick stole some moves from Kenma, I see.

After another play, Oikawa made Seijoh call a time out.

This early?

No way they cracked their signaling already.

"What the? Why are they using this time out so early. It was one point taken from them." Shimada asks.

"They figured it out." I tell him. The two gasp a little, considering this is the first time I'm opening my mouth today. "Kageyama and Hinata have their own special signaling technique. Whenever Hinata says anything with the word "bring" Kageyama sets it to him. Stuff like "give" means to just have a normal quick."

"No way Seijoh found that out." Takinoue says.

"Their setter, Oikawa. He's smarter than he looks and is the one who called the time out. They cracked it. But luckily, we have other mechanisms." I state.

"How do you know so much as a first year?" Takinoue asks me.

"I'm the captain's little sister. I know everything with these boys." I say in some type of mischievous way.

The game came back into play and nothing but mistakes have occurred.

But, it seems to appear that Asahi is having trouble return normal serves.

It must only mean, they're aiming for when Kageyama moves up to the front row, switching with Daichi.

"That guy's not as good as serving as Oikawa, so why is the other team having such a hard time hitting the ball?" This lady asks her friend.

It's like Takinoue could fly, he got next to them so fast.

"Ahem, yeah well, here's the thing ladies." Takinoue tries to play it off cool. "When the setter is in the back row, he can't get as close to the net as the people in the front row until the serve goes up. That's why, he has to move very quickly to get to the net side position the second the other team puts the ball in the air-"

"Is he always like this to girls?" I whisper to Shimada.

He gives me a concerned look, they eventually gives in and nods.

"Wow, who knew this game could be so complicated." The girls state. They look at a proud Takinoue then bow. "Thanks random old guy."

"Wait what? Aw man." He shamefully walks back to us as Shimada laughs in his face.

I can tell, these two must've been some goofballs on the team.

The game starting gaining momentum for Seijoh.

After Kageyama's soft serve, his failed setter dump, Tanaka getting blocked and not being able to receive an Oikawa serve, Coach finally called a time out.

Probably best, because Kageyama seemed to have snapped.

The time out didn't kill anything either. In fact, from up here I could tell Seijoh is purposely targeting Tanaka.

It's really getting to him too. He isn't even loud. It was upsetting to see this whole thing get placed on Tanaka.

Coach already calls for another time out.

"It's kind of early to use both of our time outs, don't you think?" Takinoue said, while Shimada was stressing out next to him. "Then again, we've got to do something to get the momentum on our side."

"Yeah, well that's the thing about volleyball. Everything hinges on keeping the ball in play. Nothings worst than the guilt from repeatedly screwing up." Shimada tells us.

I sink into my seat. Tanaka can't be feeling too great right now.

I felt the exact same way yesterday.

The other team targeted me as soon as they saw I knew how to receive just as well as the libero.

I wasn't as focused and kept messing up.

All of that can't be changed now.

I look at Oikawa during the time out and notice he is trying to stay focus. He must really be devoted to winning this game.

More than anything.

Especially with his little prodigy playing just as well as him. But, Oikawa is a great player. Just from observing him, he knows how to bring out the best in his teammates and the worst for his opponents.

He's quite the weapon we were not ready for.

The time out is over and Oikawa goes for another serve towards Tanaka. He somehow doesn't move and the receive is off his chest.

Hinata and Kageyama make a great save and get back into position.

Oikawa makes the first touch though, but that doesn't change the fact that the hitters still have great potential.

Nishinoya gets a save in from number 4 and Tanaka calls for the ball.

Kageyama gives him a set and Tanaka perfectly shows them his bite.

"Whoa!" Takinoue and Shimada are amazed. "Looks like the bald kid's got it going on now!"

Karasuno started picking up speed with their attacks.

Even Takinoue pointed it out.

"Kageyama's trying to close the gap." I tell them and point at the score board.

Those 7 points are really getting to his head. So much in fact, he started setting faster sets to the hitters.

He lost a joust against Oikawa. He made a set for Tsuki too fast, Asahi had to save it.

Kageyama is getting desperate.

Coach notices too.

The sound of a whistle is heard.

It couldn't be us, we had already used our time outs and Seijoh would be stupid to use theirs at this time.

Turns out it was a subbing.

But the number Sugawara was holding shocks me.

He's swapping out Kageyama.