5

Daichi and I arrive first at the gym. We end up setting up the poles and net.

"Hey, why was Kageyama at the car with you yesterday?" Daichi's question caught me kind of off guard.

I nearly dropped the crank.

"Oh. I ran into him and Hinata. He offered to carry the box after they hit me and made me drop it." I tell him.

"Sure he didn't land a finger on you?" His second question caught me even more off gaurd.

I didn't even notice Tanaka and Suga entered the room.

"Someone trying to get with little Daichi already? It's been one week!" Those were Tanaka's first choice of words this morning.

"No. He didn't touch or do anything to me." I decide to answer my brother and ignore Tanaka.

"Morning Padema." Suga greeted me. I return a greeting back to him.

"Wait back up. Who were you guys talking about before I walked in?" Tanaka asks while putting his playing shoes on.

I don't tell him and I doubt Daichi will too.

"Kageyama." Daichi saying his name out loud made my jaw basically drop.

"Woah! Little quiet turd balls? Perfect for each other!" Tanaka shouts as a few more second years enter the gym.

"We don't like each other like that." I tell Tanaka while bringing the ball basket out.

He starts singing that ridiculous partner song, about them in a tree.

It maybe early, but he already got me worked up.

I grabbed a ball and spiked it directly at his torso. He made a OH sound and held his stomach. Finally, some quiet.

Well, up until I hear shouting outside of the gym. Tanaka opened the doors and I see Hinata and Kageyama out of breath on the floor.

I spoke too soon.

Sooner or later everyone is finally in the gym. Hinata and Kageyama stretching on the floor while I sat against the wall.

"You go stretch too." Daichi tells me and gives me a hand up.

I walk over by Hinata and Kageyama and start doing some leg stretches.

"Good morning everyone." Kiyoko announces when walking in.

"Oh look it's that pretty girl! Do you think she's like the team manager or something?" Hinata asks Kageyama. But he ignores him.

Hinata looks at me then, and I give him a small nod to confirm and his face lights up.

"All right. Let's get started." Daichi says. Hinata jumps to his feet. Kageyama gives me a hand up, from the corner of my eye I see Tanaka making kissing faces. I give him a glare and he turns white. "Padema, you're going to play on Tsukishima's team for it's a 3 on 3."

Everyone, including myself gasps.

Hinata was the only one to speak though. "Wait, is that even fair!"

"Trust me. I know how my sister plays. Plus, some more practice wouldn't hurt her. Right sis?" He gives me a side eye.

I roll my eyes at him and groan while putting my hair up.

So that's why he wanted me to come.

Tsukishima works up the other team while I get ready.

This is actually good, I play better when I'm mad. This is the perfect morning to play.