9

"Okay, don't forget to count your footing." Kageyama tells me. I give him a nod and set myself up for a jump serve.

1...2...toss...1..2..3! I jump on the last count. My palm connects to the bottom center of the ball with a top spin. I try my best to direct it to the water bottle but it just barely hits it and goes over it then out.

I groan in frustration and mess with my hair.

Kageyama and I met up extra early today to work on serving. Neither of us could hit the bottle.

This is so not worth waking up at 5 am instead of 6.

Kageyama steps up and goes for his serve. This is the one. Just as it's about to hit the bottle, I see Hinata run up from the side and attempt to receive it.

Oh yeah, he's here too.

"Could you get out of my way for 5 minutes Hinata! That one was going to hit it if it wasn't for you!" Kageyama shouts at him. Hinata shouts back then they go at it. All they do is yell. It's way too early for this. I get a ball and chuck it at Kageyama's head. "What the hell?"

"Try again." I tell him.

He shuts up, but Hinata is on the other side laughing. He looks at me for a second and sees I'm not laughing. Hinata turns blue and runs up to get the ball, he horribly received.

Kageyama throws one up again, and hits it perfectly at the bottle.

Please miss, I don't want to buy his dumb drink later. Oh yeah, we put down a bet on this.

Just as it was about to hit the bottle, what the hell? Another guy comes into view. He speeds past Hinata and receives the ball directly to the setter's position.

"A perfect receive." Kageyama and I say quietly at the same time, in awe.

We look at each other, both wondering where the hell this dude even came from.

No way? He's shorter than Hinata too.

Is this the kid who really got a week of suspension and a month ban of school clubs and activities?

Kageyama makes his way over there, I take the my time.

By the time I reach the net, Tanaka, Daichi and Suga enter.

"Huh? Long time no see, Nishinoya!" Tanaka greets him.

So this is him.

"Hey, how's it going Tanaka." Nishinoya replies.

Even in his voice, I could tell he's like Hinata. Filled with energy.

Daichi and Suga say their greetings to him too, then looks at Kageyama and Hinata. "Oh that's right, you haven't met yet. Nishinoya's a second year."

Hm, like I assumed.

But, I didn't expect him to be so social able.

His description of Kageyama slightly made me laugh, "angry-looking guy" ah that fits him perfectly.

Nishinoya continues talking to Kageyama about middle school, I gave my brother a look.

"Okay, looks like he's still a chatterbox." Him and Suga saw in unison.

So I guess he's always like this. I can see what Tanaka meant when he said he can overdue it. And that's coming from Tanaka.

"Why'd you come here?" Kageyama asked him an actual, relevant question, that I myself was interested to know. "Is it...because you heard Coach Ukai was coming back?"