43(18)

"You are cleared to go, good luck and be careful." The nice nurse, who took care of Daichi, released him from his troubles.

"Thank you." My brother and I say together, and bow in sync.

The moment we exit the room, I could tell he already wants to enter the game.

Maybe the game already ended? We don't have any idea or any update, on how the game is going right now.

"Daichi, slow down." I tell him.

He follows me, only because he knows I'll beat his ass if he doesn't.

"I'm sorry." he tells me.

We honestly, don't hear that from each other a lot.

The walk back was at a slow pace, no matter how badly we wanted to see the game, we couldn't risk any uncertain blood flow or something like that.

"Wait a sec." Daichi puts his arm in front of me, once we reach the gym.

I peak my head in to take a look and see we're in our third set, just hitting 20.

"Look who took your position." I point out Ennoshita, shouting and shaping the team up. "Honestly, didn't expect that."

"Ennoshita is probably the best one to fit the captains position for next year. He's the only one I could think of, that can whip all these crazy kids into shape as well as I can. Plus, his skill level is improving by the second." Daichi explains to me as Ennoshita makes a wild save. "Let's just watch for now."

Hinata sends the ball over and WakuNan sets up for a quick attack. Tanaka was able to dig it up and that began their synchronized attack. Asahi, Tanaka, Tsuki and Ennoshita all started running up. Kageyama, sends the set to Ennoshita and he slams it down.

Couple more points fly by and we were just one point away from match point.

If they play it just right, they can shake off the blockers with a decoy and-

"Are you always this quiet during games?" Daichi interrupts my thoughts. I give him a confused face.

"You're not saying anything either." I defend myself.

Is there a rule where, supporters need to be loud or something?

"I mean, I don't want them to take the focus off the game, so I'm sticking silent. But I meant, in general, are you always thinking in the stands?" he asks.

I feel like, that was a stupid question, truly did not need to be asked.

"Well, is it so bad to think through ways to beat the other team? I'm sorry, nobody updated me, must've missed the memo." I give him a little, sister attitude and follow it with an eye roll.

"I mean, thinking would help a lot more as a team manager." I was shocked he even said that.

Is his head feeling any better?

"Yachi's team manager." I remind him. His eyes stayed on the game, as we take another point.

Match point.

"So is Kiyoko. Doesn't hurt to have two." He continues.

Wait a second?

"Daichi what are you implying?" I ask but, I'm cut off with the sound of celebrating.

Looks like our boys took the game.

"Hey look guys, it's Daichi." We hear Tanaka's voice first. From first glance, they look relatively happy.